Even though Instagram is my favorite social media site, there are still things that I struggle with. I’ve been using the platform for blogging for about a year now. A little while ago I wrote a post on my top 5 blogging struggles, and I thought I would do the same with Instagram! There won’t be any talk of the new algorithm, but I hope you can relate to these 5 things.
Constantly changing my mind
I’m someone who loves change. So sticking to just one filter is something I have struggled with on Instagram even before I started blogging. I have used the same one for a year now, but there are still days where I debate switching to a new one. After much thinking I’ve realized that it’s just Instagram and shouldn’t be taken too seriously.
The follow/unfollow Game
This is not something I do, but I struggle with it because it makes me so frustrated when other people do it. I constantly have to stop myself from calling people out on it. I wrote a whole post on this which you can read here, but I don’t think there will ever be a time where it doesn’t bother me. What I always tell myself is that karma will get them, because their interactions won’t be as good as their following. And if someone continues to follow and then un-follow me, after three times I just block them.
Obsessing over numbers
I always try to tell myself that numbers don’t matter because in the grand scheme of thing they don’t. But because it’s human nature there are times where I struggle with focusing on likes and follows too much. Normally I obsess over likes more than following, because that shows how many people enjoy my content. What I make myself do on days where I’m focusing too much on it is to not look at my phone for an hour after posting. This helps me obsess less over the numbers, and just be grateful people are enjoying what I post.
With there being so many different accounts on Instagram I often struggle with the creativity of my content. I always try to push myself with new photo ideas but sometimes that’s easier said than done. Constantly I am thinking of how to mix up my content, to the point of too much thinking. I don’t think I’ll ever stop this, but I try to remind myself that any photo I take is unique because it’s mine.
Misspellings / Autocorrect
I have a hate/love relationship with autocorrect. It comes in handy about 20% of the time when I typing a caption or writing a comment. However the other 80% of the time it likes to mess me up on Instagram. It becomes a big problem when I’m commenting on other peoples photos. It often will change pretty to petty and beautiful to beautiful for. This has almost gotten me in trouble a few times when commenting, because petty shot isn’t the same as pretty shot.
And those are the 5 things I struggle with when it comes to Instagram! Let me know if you struggle with any of these, and if there is anything else you struggle with! Also be sure to follow along on my Instagram here!
Hi there! Kara'sCloset is a lifestyle blog where I sharing my adventure through my twenties, life's simple moments, and blogging tips with lots of outfits in between. I'm glad you're here, and I hope you find some inspiration!
Hi there! Kara'sCloset is a lifestyle blog where I share my adventure through my twenties, life's simple moments, and blogging tips with lots of outfits in between. I'm glad you're here, and I hope you find some inspiration!