LIFESTYLE + FASHION + BLOGGING TIPS

With positivity often comes thinking that you should be happy and positive all the time, which is the farthest thing from the truth. It’s okay to have bad days, and you should have them every once in a while. They help you appreciate the good days and can be a great time to reflect. I thought I would share some of my tips for dealing with them.

My Tips For Dealing With Bad Days

Relax and Destress as much as possible

This may not be possible for the whole day if you have work or school, but when you have free time try to relax and destress as much as possible. Create yourself a cozy space where you can sit, relax, and just have some you time. You can put on a face mask, light some candles, or just listen to music. One of my favorite things to do is of course read during bad days. I often find reading a magazine, whether it’s a travel, lifestyle, or home decor one, is the perfect way to take my mind off of things and destress.

Make yourself one of your favorite meals

If you’re like me and you love food, making yourself one of your favorite meals is a great idea on a bad day. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just a meal that you enjoy.

Write about your day

One of the things that helps me a lot when I’m having a bad day is writing about it. You can use the notes in your phone or a notebook, but write about your day and what may be bothering you. You can also take this time to reflect on life recently. Getting your thoughts out of your head and on to paper can help clear your mind.

Get outside!

If the weather isn’t too cold where you are, take some time to go outside. You can go for a walk, or lay out a blanket in your backyard or a park near you and read a book or listen to music. Sometimes all you need is some fresh air and sunshine to make you feel better.

And those are some of my tips for when you’re having a bad day. Just remember that like good days, bad days will pass too.

What do you usually do when you’re having a bad day?

Share:

11 responses to “My Positivity Project: It’s Okay To Have Bad Days + My Tips For Dealing With Them”

1. Giulia says:

Great post with really helpful tips! Thanks for sharing.

Giulia x

2. Vivian says:

Ahhh these are great tips! I couldn’t agree more! I always go outside when I need to clear my mind or whenever I feel down..It does help me to get refreshed again! Hope you’re having a lovely Tuesday 🙂

Vivian x

3. Rebecca says:

One thing that I always find helps me is just switching off, going for a walk or spending time with people that matter. Sometimes I even enjoy my own company, it’s just remembering that bad days don’t last forever x

4. Susie says:

Getting outside in fresh air always helps me so much! So does writing my thoughts and getting them out on paper! Really great tips! Hope you are having a good day today xx

findyourownhope.blogspot.com

5. These suggestions are so helpful for dealing with bad days! Relaxing and spending some me time reading or being with family always works for me. I love running or dancing too to help take my mind off of things!

Heather xoxo

I’m so glad you found them helpful! Running and dancing are both great things for bad days! x

6. Stacey says:

Lovely post Kara! I’ve actually been having a bad day – it could possibly be the weather though since it’s very cold and gloomy. I probably need to write it out and enjoy a hot cocoa which always seems to cheer me up (yup, I’m still an 11 year old LOL). Thanks for the tips!