My Top Self Care Ideas

04/08/2018

Over the years I’ve learned that self care is extremely important, especially for mental health. With life always moving, it’s important to look after and take some time for ourselves. So to help, I thought I should share some easy, inexpensive self care ideas that you can do to relax and treat yourself!

My Top Self Care Ideas

Take a bath with Epsom salt

Epsom salt is a great way to relax not only your body but you can get a calming scent as well.

Watch your favorite movie, tv show, or YouTube videos

Read a book or magazine

You can also do this or the one above while in the bath!

Go for a walk, run, or bike ride

Draw or paint

Pamper night with face mask, nails, etc.

Spend the evening giving yourself a spa night with all your favorite products! You can do this alone or with some friends.

Coffee date with family or friend.

Make yourself your favorite drink or meal

Sometimes all you need is a good meal or drink. My personal go-to is a berry smoothie.

Light a candle in your space

Clean your space

A decluttered space helps calm the mind, so spend some time organizing your space and getting rid of what you don’t need. Also don’t forget to do the same with your digital space!

Write down your thoughts to clear your head

Spend some time writing down anything that’s in your head. It can be about your day, anything you’ve had on your mind for awhile, or even your future goals.

Listen to your favorite music and have your own dance party

Music can be a great way to put yourself in a great mood. So plug in your headphones, select your favorite feel good, happy songs, and have your own dance party!

Bullet journal/plan out your week- but make it colorful with fun pens and stickers!

Sit and do nothing / meditate

Sometimes the best thing to do is simply nothing. This can be either through meditation, or just sitting in a quiet room with your thoughts.

And those are some ideas for self care. Find what is best for you and treat yourself! After all you deserve it!

10 responses to “My Top Self Care Ideas”

1. Vivian says:

Ahhh you have some great tips here! Couldn’t agree more, a clean space definitely helps you to calm your mind. I did my spring cleaning last weekend, I donated a lot of clothes I don’t wear anymore..My closet looks so much better now. And I love pampering myself at home 🙂 Hope you are having a great week so far Kara!

Vivian x

Thank you Vivian! Cleaning out your closet is the best feeling, especially when you discover items you forgot. I hope you have a great weekend! x

2. Angie says:

Love all these things!! I love dancing so I do have my own dance party every now and then at home! Makes me feel so much better! Going for walk is something I do often and I am so glad that its spring so I can go out and get some fresh air without freezing! I took long walk this past weekend and it did my soul good! Thanks for these great tips!! 💞👍💚

Thank you Angie! I love that you have dance parties at home! It honest does feel so good. I hope you’re getting plenty of warm weather so you can go on more walks! x

3. Sandra Raju says:

Is it bad that I’m more fascinated by that delicious drink? 🙂 I love to draw or paint. Helps calm my mind. And pamper nights are always fun.

When creating the post I kept on staring at the drink too haha! I’m glad you’ve found things to do that calm your mind x

4. Stacey says:

Love all your ideas babe! I clean space can do wondered, plus it’s just nice to be organized in general. I also started taking more walks especially in the later afternoon after dinner now and it really feels great and it’s a wonderful thing to do to end the day basically!

Thank you babe! Walks are a great way to end the day, and you’re right, being organized in general definitely helps! x

5. Julia says:

Loved these ideas, I’ve been exhausted lately with work/school/life and I’ve got a break coming up, so I really want to make sure I take care of myself and recharge.

Julia // The Sunday Mode