Lifestyle + Fashion + Blogging Tips + Books

Small Things To Do To Start Your Day Off Right

As someone who is not naturally a morning person, mornings can sometimes be the hardest part of the day for me. It’s amazing though how the little things in your routine at the start of your day can make such a big difference for the rest of the day. Here is a little list of small things you can do in the morning to start your day off right!

Healthy, Full Breakfast

By now most of us know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, because it gives our body and brain the fuel they need to start off the day. Find a breakfast that you enjoy eating and has some protein in it to give you more energy. Now if you’re like me and you love carbs (I love them a bit too much), it may be hard to find a healthy balance. My go-to has always been yogurt, but this year I’ve started eating these plain bagels from Dave’s killer bread because they have 12g of protein in each bagel! So you can still have carbs in the morning and get some protein.

Pick An Outfit The Night Before, That You Feel Great In

Before I started doing this I use to wake up in the mornings and be stressed trying to figure out what to wear, especially on days where I was in a rush. Picking out an outfit the night before does wonders for eliminating that stress first thing in the morning. And having an outfit you feel great in really does help your self confident and makes you feel great! So each evening pick out an outfit or two for the next day to make it easier on yourself when you wake up.

Positive Affirmations

This is something I’ve recently started doing this year and although it may sound a bit silly at first, it really does work! Start off each morning telling yourself some positive affirmations that you need to hear. It can be anything from self confidence to career related. If you need some inspiration and ideas for some daily positive affirmations, be sure to give my post on my favorite ones a read!

Put Everything Into Perspective

It’s a good idea to start each morning putting everything in life into perspective. Sometime during your morning list off the things you are grateful for in life and all the amazing things that you already have. With life being hectic it can be easy to forget about all the good, so give yourself that reminder each morning.

Listen To Music!

Music can be a great mood lifter, so if you’re in need of some good energy in the mornings, create a playlist of your favorite happy, feel good songs and play it when you’re getting ready. You can also do this throughout the day too. I’ve started doing this more and more recently and it really does help put me in a better mood for the day. Although apologizes in advanced for the songs that will be stuck in your head all day!

Read A Book or Meditate

If you’re someone who prefers to relax in the mornings and destress before the day ahead, reading a book might be a better choice than listening to music. Plan out a bit of your morning for you to just relax and read a book, or you can just meditate. The app Headspace is great if you’re new to meditating and don’t know where to start.

Top: Zara | Black Pants: ASOS | Bandana: Target | Purse: Nine West | Sandals: DSW

And those are some small things you can do to start your day off right! I hope these help, and I’d love to know one thing you do in the mornings that puts you in a good mood!

Share:

42 responses to “Small Things To Do To Start Your Day Off Right”

1. I’m so not a morning person, so i’ll definitely be implementing these tips to make my mornings better! Great post!

Bukola Veronica,

2. Filipa says:

Hello dear Kara! So nice to meet you here ๐Ÿ™‚ Iยดm not a morning person just like you so I reallyyyy appreciate your thoughtful tips! I must say that the music idea and the healthy breakfast are usually what make my mornings better. Will definitely start trying the others you suggested ๐Ÿ™‚

Filipa
    dissectingthelook.com

Thank you so much for reading the post and for your lovely comment Filipa! Music really does help me too in the mornings. I’m glad it could give you some inspiration, and I hope it helps x

3. Joanna Joy says:

This post was great! I clicked over to your “Positive Affirmations” Post and I really love that one. All of those affirmations are so wonderful! I will have to start using them myself:) Lovely blog and photos dear:)

Thank you so much Joanna!! I’m so glad both posts could help. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! x

4. Great tips! A early morning walk as soon as the sun comes up is another great way to start a day!

Buyandpossess Blogย

5. Vivian says:

Ahhh these are great tips to start your day off right my dear! I already follow some rituals which you have mentioned here. I truly enjoy being a morning person and I love the fact that I can do a lot of things in silence while everyone is still sleeping in the house. Picking out an outfit the night before is such a time saver and it also makes you feel less stressed.

Hope you’re having an amazing summer Kara! Love your outfit btw, that top so cute!

Vivian x

I’ve started getting up earlier and I agree that it is lovely to do things before everyone else is awake. Thank you so much Vivian, and I hope you’re having a wonderful summer too!

6. Areeba says:

These were really great tips babe! Especially for me since I hate mornings. Lol. Definitely trying yogurt for breakfast that sounds yum. Thanks so much dear for sharing this motivational post! Love ya!
    X

Thank you so much Areeba!! I’m so glad the tips could help, and I hope you have the best weekend! x

7. Kinga says:

Awesome tips,nice outfit โค

8. Being a nocturnal owl, mornings have never been my friend, I totally can not do mornings! But keeping in mind the benefits of being a morning person, I try to get up in morning. Music and a full breakfast really does make a huge difference for me! I need to try positive affirmations though!
    Wishing you have an amazing weekend!
    Ankita | Real Girl Talks

Music really is my go to for mornings too! You’ll have to let me know if the positive affirmations help! I hope you’re having a great week x

9. Brilliant ideas! I’m a morning person and my main thing is always having a nourishing breakfast to kickstart my day – breakfast is my favourite meal of the day after all!

heather xoxo

10. Such a beautiful post! I really like read this type of posts! Great tips but I especially like your morning affirmations. I do the same every morning and it really helps to improve every day! Have a beautiful day!

11. Yvonne says:

Such a lovely red top! That’s a good tip about putting your outfit together the night before! Thank you!
    xo Yvonne

I’m a total morning person too. To kick start my day I need a cup of coffee and breakfast is important as well. Actually I should start to pick my outfit the night before to save me some time in the mornings.

I’m definitely not a morning person, but I always listen to music to get me in the mood for a great day.

14. Dorota says:

What I do to start my day off right is usually just waking up 20 minutes before I plan to and do something slowly and with care – like put my day cream on, have tea, just sit and wonder about life. This peaceful moment (without any electronics and distractions) relaxes me for an entire day!
    I really like your post – it gave me new ideas of what I can – especially with breakfest.
    Thanks!
    Dorota

That sounds like a great way to start your day! I usually give myself extra time in the morning too so I can take things slow. And thank you Dorota! I’m so glad the post could help x

Such a cute guide dear! Though it’s hard to be a morning person, it definitely can be practiced. Love your top dear, so chic on you!

16. I have always been a morning person and love getting up early. I just have to have at least an hour to get ready so I can do it in peace. otherwise, I will feel stressed out for the rest of the day.
    โค๏ธŽ

I’m not a natural morning person, but I have to do the same thing! I love giving myself extra time so I can get ready slowly x

17. Layla says:

This is such a lovely post – absolutely beautiful and I always enjoy reading things like this for a little boost of motivation! ๐Ÿ™‚

Layla x

18. Shelley says:

These are some great tips! I definitely agree about picking an outfit the night before, thats something I always like to do!

Shelley x

19. Hanh says:

I agree with a fully healthy breakfast Kara, I don’t get people who don’t like to eat breakfast! Once I have my porriage or pancakes, I can get with my day feeling energized ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t get people who don’t like to eat breakfast either! It leaves me feeling energized too, and ready to take on the day x

20. Elise says:

I am NOT a morning person, so these are fabulous tips, thank you!
    I am in love with this look too, your top is amazing!

xx, Elise

21. Marina W says:

I definitely find reading to be a peaceful and relaxing thing to do!
    Great suggestions!