Lifestyle + Fashion + Blogging Tips + Books

Book Recommendations #4

It has been 2 months since my last book recommendations post, which means in that time I read even more books that I loved so much that I wanted to share them with you! I decided to branch out to not just thriller books, which are my favorite genre of books to read. Now there are still a few of those in here too, but there is also a non-fiction book to get you thinking, as well as a magazine and more. So here are the 5 books I’ve read recently that I loved!

BOOKS I LOVED READING

The Book Of Questions

This is a book I had heard about online somewhere and decided to give it a try. It is filled with questions that get you questioning and thinking about your morals and beliefs. I really enjoyed this book, and ended up finishing it all in one evening with my mom. Although I didn’t love all of the questions, most were amazing and covered such a wide range of topics. It’s a great short read that gets you thinking, but you can also use it as a game with your friends and family too!

Little Fires Everywhere

This is a great read if you like a little bit of drama and mystery. Little Fires Everywhere is about a suburb where everything is pretty much perfect and rules are followed. The Richardsons have lived there for years and they also have a home there that they rent out. Mia, a single mother and artist, moves into the upper part of the Richardsons rental home with her daughter, Pearl, who ends up becoming friends with the Richardsons kids. Later on a custody battle occurs of a close friend of the Richardsons, and it divides the whole town and puts the Richardsons and Mia on opposite sides. This causes Mrs. Richardson to look into Mia’s past, which brings even more drama and mystery.

An Unwanted Guest

I’ve read Shari Lapena’s other two books and really liked them, however this one is my favorite! It is kind of like your classic murder mystery novel at the start, where different guests from different backgrounds are snowed in at a hotel with no power for the weekend. When one person is found dead they assume it was an accident. But once another person is found dead, they worry there may be a killer among them, and have to make it another night until hopefully there is power to call for help. But what makes it not like a classic murder mystery is most of the twists are completely unexpected, and it had me at the edge of my seat. If you like mysteries or thrillers, this one is a must read!

Bring Me Back

B.A. Paris is one of my favorite thriller writers. If you haven’t read her book Behind Closed Doors then I highly recommend you do! I’ve read all of her other books and although this one is my least favorite out of them all, I still really enjoyed it. It is about a man named Finn whose girlfriend, Layla, went missing while they were on a trip to France. Now years later he is engaged to her sister Ellen. A few months before their wedding little clues start popping up that suggest that maybe Layla isn’t gone. The twist in this book is unlike anything else I’ve read, and I had to put the book down a few times to completely absorb what I was reading.

IKEA Magazine

If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile you’ll know just how much I love IKEA, and their yearly magazine is my go-to for decor ideas. Even if you’re not a huge lover of IKEA, I highly suggest reading their magazine because it’s free and filled with great inspiration. You can read the whole thing online here!

And those are the books I’ve read recently that I highly recommend! Have you read any of these books before, or do any of them sounds like something you’d want to read? Also for more book recommendations be sure to give my other posts a read:

Fall Book recommendations

Winter recommendations # 2

Book recommendations #3

Share:

32 responses to “Book Recommendations #4”

1. what an inspiring blog post! the IKEA Magazine is my fav one! Haha! thank YOU for sharing! the Bring Me Back sounds really interesting. I think I’m gonna order it pretty soon x
    have a wonderful day!

I’m so glad you found the most inspiring! If you do order it you’ll have to let me know if you like it. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

The book of questions sounds like an interesting read. I don’t really read thrillers, so the rest are not my cup of tea, but thanks for the suggestions.

3. Babita says:

I love posts on books! It actually reminds me I need to read mine’s too! haha
    Since I love mystery and fiction novels, ‘ An unwanted guest’ sounds good for me!

Xoxo Babita

4. Samantha says:

SO many great sounding titles!
    ~Samantha

5. Nina says:

Great book recommendations. I would love to read all four of them.

Nina’s Style Blog

6. Lisa Autumn says:

Thank you so much girl! Just put some of these on my amazon list!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

7. Wow amazing recommendations! Little fires everywhere seems like a good read! I always love mystery books! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Carina

8. mercy says:

Looks interesting. I’m intrigued with Uninvited Guest and Little Fires. I love looking at Ikea magazine too, their style looks zen and simple with nice aesthetics.

9. Rach says:

Oo I’m intrigued by the questions book! I’m so curious with the type of questions being asked! Thanks for sharing it!

Great post lovely! I love how you included Ikea, they are so good, full of heaps of ideas! An Unwanted Guest sounds right up my alley! Thank you for your recommendations! xx

Janet

11. Thanks for these recs! I need to check out that Book of Questions. Sounds so interesting!

12. Gemma says:

Thanks for the recommendations! Have a great week.

Gemma x

13. Rakhshanda says:

Great post dear. Thanks for some great recommendation. Going to check these out.
    Kisses <3

I love your recs- the Book of Questions sounds like SUCH an interesting read!

15. Kasie says:

I have been trying to make a it a priority to read more, whether it be fiction or self-improvement, so I am loving this post! The Book of Questions sounds so fascinating, I need to order a copy! I’ve also got to get my hands on the latest IKEA catalog.

I haven’t heard of most of these, but I do love and enjoy browsing the Ikea catalogue, haha! You’re right, lots of good inspiration in there.

I hope that your week has been going well so far 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

Sounds like a really interesting read. Thanks for sharing dear!

18. Brittny says:

Thrillers are my favorite genre too! I’m gonna pick up An Unwanted Guest and Bring Me Back per your recommendations 🙂

Brittny | https://brittnykindred.com/

19. I am very curious to read Bring Me Back, they all sound very interesting!

They are all really good reads! If you do read Bring Me Back you’ll have to let me know what you think of it x

20. Sammy says:

I absolutely loved Little Fires Everywhere – it’s one of my favourites.

Sammy // sammyetc.com