Lifestyle + Fashion + Blogging Tips + Books

7 Things That Help Me Be Productive Every Day

Although I’m the type of person who loves change, there are certain things I need in order to be the most productive I can be. Over the years I’ve figured out what helps me work better and what I should avoid, although I’m still figuring some of this out to this day. I thought I would share the 7 things that help me be productive every day, with everything from the glasses that have made all the difference, to finally getting a reusable water bottle + more!

Water Bottle

Hydration is key throughout the day, especially when working. I decided it was time to get a reusable water bottle and I’m so glad I did. It makes keeping water at my workspace easy, and I’ve noticed how drinking more water throughout the day has improved my daily productivity a little bit. The water bottle I have is from IKEA.

A Good Breakfast

I’m a huge food lover and since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, starting my day with a good meal helps give me the fuel I need. The best thing I have ever found are these protein bagels from Dave’s Killer Bread! I love how they give me protein as well as the delicious taste of a bagel. I also will have a glass of almond milk and occasionally some fruit.

Planner & To-Do Lists

I’ve said this before but I would be lost without a planner. Having a place to write down what I want to accomplish for the day and week makes staying on top of everything extremely easy. I’ve started using it as more of an outline instead of feeling like I have to get everything on it done each day, and this has helped me be a bit less stressed and I’ve started accomplishing more. And there is no better feeling than crossing something off your list.

Organized, Cozy Workspace

An organized, cozy workspace helps my brain to be less cluttered which allows me to focus on what I’m working on. I like to have a blanket or cardigan draped across the back of my chair to make it cozier, and it also comes in handy when I get a bit cold. Color has become something that helps inspire me, so I’ve started adding it into my workspace with books or decor items.

Digital Screen Protection Glasses

I have heard about glasses that help protect your eyes from the blue light in electronic screens, but I never tried them until now in fear that they didn’t work. I’ve been using mine for about two weeks and the difference they make is incredible! My eyes no longer hurt by the end of the day, which means I don’t have to take as many breaks while working. I can stare at my laptop or phone without having to worry about getting a headache too. I got mine from EyeBuyDirect, and the frames I’m wearing are Days.

Comfortable Outfit

Comfort is key for me, so I always like to wear something comfortable especially when I’m sitting at my desk for most of the day. Since I work from home I could wear whatever I want, but I find getting dressed in the morning helps me feel ready for the day. My go-to outfit is either high waisted jeans or my favorite black pants and a comfortable top or sweater. If I am going out for part of the day I sometimes will wear a comfortable dress, and this rust colored sweater dress from ASOS will be my new favorite for fall!

Plants

Now there aren’t too many plants in my workspace, but I have quite a few around my room and it really helps bring the outside in! Plants are great for giving off more oxygen in a space, plus the look they give is always a bonus.

And those are the 7 things that help me be productive each day! I’d love to know what one thing helps you be the most productive!

Share:

60 responses to “7 Things That Help Me Be Productive Every Day”

These are great tips to improve productivity. For me the most important one is comfort since if I’m feeling uncomfortable, I won’t be able to be fully immersed in my task.

2. Alex says:

I love these tips. You have such a cozy work environment, and I love all of the details. I’ve never heard of digital protection glasses, but it doesn’t surprise me that they exist. I’ll need to look into them since they seem so useful.

Alex – californiapollution.com

I’m so glad you liked the tips! And thank you! The digital protection glasses are really helpful.

3. Bronwen says:

I love this! I’ve found that only recently I’ve found a system that works for me. Before then I struggled so much to be productive. I recommend Trello as an organisation app … It’s saved my life. B x

I’m so glad you liked it! And that’s great that you have found a system that works best for you. I’ll have to give that app a try! x

4. Kinga K says:

I love planners 🙂

These are great tips! I agree staying hydrated is key, and a big breakfast really helps so that I’m not constantly thinking of when I can eat, haha!

I hope that you had a great weekend! The weather was lovely here, but it’s quite cold again today.

Away From The Blue Blog

Thank you Mica! Even with a big breakfast I’ll sometimes be thinking of when I can eat haha. I hope you had a great weekend too! It’s starting to cool off here which I’m loving, but I hope it gets warmer by you soon x

6. This is great tips. I think keeping hydrated is so important when working. And I notice when you are in a cosy environment, you are able to do your best work. 🙂 http://www.bauchlefashion.com

7. I love your workstation, I need to get a desk like that

Thank you, Laura! I got my desk from IKEA, and it’s great for saving space and keeping everything organized.

8. Great post and your photos are so gorgeous. Also, thank you for sharing your tips how you make things that help you be more productive. I really enjoy reading it. Like you i’m also huge lover of planners and I can’t imagine my life without it.

9. Carina says:

Thanks for these tips! I agree with the digital screen glasses, long hours of computer work is not healthy! I used to use a screen protector to reduce the glare/light from my desktop but when I switched to a laptop, I haven’t used one. since. I feel my eyes are dry most of the time and sometimes get headaches! I definitely should use one again! 😩Amazing post! 😘

Carina

Thank you Carina! I used to feel the same way when working on my laptop, so I definitely recommend trying a pair of those glasses or using the screen protector again to help. It makes working so much easier!

10. These are wonderful tips! I have to use my planner everyday.

11. Samantha says:

So many amazing tips! I always love posts like these. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Samantha

I need those digital screen protection glasses! Seriously, that matters. I spend waaaay too much time looking at a screen for work – and sometimes not at work 😉 Lovely post, babe xx

13. My planner is what keeps me organized and sane! I absolutely cannot live without it 🙂

I love these tips on staying productive! So useful and true! Thanks for the lovely post!

15. Lorna says:

To do lists are one of my main things that help me be productive. I can’t get things done properly without them, ha ha. I always have bottled water too.

Happy Monday lovely!

Raindrops of Sapphire

That’s great that you’ve found what works best for you! I hope you have a wonderful week!

16. Kasie says:

This is such great information! I already do some of these things but your suggestions for digital screen protection glasses and adding plans are genius. I hadn’t thought of it until reading this post, but I always work so much better with a little greenery in my office!

Love these tips Kara! Your workspace is really lovely, I totally agree that crossing things off a to-do list is a good feeling! I didn’t know about these glasses, good to hear they are working for you. xx

18. Nina says:

Planners/to-do lists are very helpful for me too, and plants. Happy Monday dear.

Nina’s Style Blog

19. Corina says:

A good, nutritious and healthy breakfast can definitely set you up for the day. And yes, I also plan everything, it just helps keep track of everything you need to do and about what you succeed or not.

xo Corina

20. I LIVE for these tips!! I agree with all of them, especially the hydration and a good breakfast. so helpful! x
    have a wonderful day!

21. Gabrielle says:

Finding ways to make your daily routine more effective and productive is key, totally agree! Having a reusable water bottle close by is a brilliant idea and you’ve listed so many other fab tips too – thanks girl! 🙂

aglassofice.com x

I am loving these tips, lady- and need to check out these blue light glasses! I spend SO MUCH time looking at screens everyday, these would be so helpful!

23. Ella Jones says:

I’ve been trying to drink more water and since I got a new bottle I’ve been finding it much easier, they do say “Drink To Think!” I loved reading this post, super encouraging to get productive!!

I’ve never heard of “Drink To Think” before but I love it! And thank you, Ella! I’m so glad you liked the post.

24. Gemma says:

Such a great post! The glasses sound really interesting.

Gemma x

25. Anastasia says:

LOVE your images!!!
    I tend to write lists and sometimes even put alarms on to keep me accountable for tasks I MUST finish.
    Anastasia

Aw thank you, Anastasia! I’ll put alarms too and it has saved me so many times from forgetting to do things x

Great tips dear. I couldn’t agree more with having a planner with you. It makes things so much easier. Experts actually say you remember things better when you write them down.

27. E says:

Very interesting tips! Sometimes we focus on little things and waste a lot of time and it is very important to be organize and focus on being productive.
    Kisses,
    E.

28. Alyssa says:

Spot on. Those things are really helpful for productivity.

29. The pics that you took look so great!
    And the post really impressed me, because there are so many different tips to be productive, thanks for this!

You can also check out my blog if you want!
    Lovely regards