Lifestyle + Fashion + Blogging Tips + Books

We’re All Just Winging Life: My Tips For Making It Easier

One of the things I’ve learned in life is that most of the time everyone is just winging it. Life comes with no instruction manual, and except for the guidance and help of others, the rest we figure out as we go. Just like with everything else it gets easier with experience and trial and error. I thought I would share a few tips to make winging life a little bit easier + some hopefully helpful reminders!

Focus On What You’re Doing

Try not to spend too much time focusing on what others are doing, whether that’s people online or in your daily life.  We all have our own unique paths in life that will lead us in different directions than others, and at different times than others. It is okay to see what others are doing if you’re using it for inspiration, advice, or motivation, but try not to let it take over your focus.

Kindness and Politeness Will Take You Far

Kindness and politeness are two things that will get you far in life. It doesn’t matter how smart, talented, or skilled you are, if you’re not kind or polite to others you won’t get very far. People always remember how others made them feel, so it just is a good rule to be as kind as you can to everyone you meet (although some people will make this impossible hard).

Work Hard For What You Want

If you work hard for what you want, you will get it or you will get what was meant for you. It will take time and you will fail and have to pick yourself up again and again. But it will be worth it in the end. Just put your mind to whatever it is you want, believe in yourself, and go for it!

Make Meaningful Connections with Others

Life is so much easier with good people around you. Whether it’s family or friends, making meaningful connections with others makes going through life more enjoyable.

Freakouts Are Okay and Needed Sometimes

I know I often get mad at myself for having a mini freakout or meltdown, but sometimes it is needed. You can’t be 100% all of the time, and most times you just have to let everything out in order to move on or see it a different way.

It’s Okay To Change Your Mind

With the endless possibilities of life, you are destined to change your mind many times. Whether it’s about something small or something big, never feel guilty for changing your mind. Trust your gut (this is so important to do) and do what is best for you. Also, it’s okay to know exactly what you want too!

Give Good Energy, Get Good Energy Back

I’ve always been a firm believer in Karma, and that the energy you put out into the world comes right back to you. If you walk around thinking you’re going to have a bad day, chances are you’ll have a bad day. Put out good energy into everything you can, and you’ll be surprised how much good comes back to you.

And those are my tips for making winging life a little bit easier! Take comfort in knowing no one else really knows what they are doing, and just have fun! Life is a lot of unknown, so you might as well enjoy all the time you have of it.

Share:

40 responses to “We’re All Just Winging Life: My Tips For Making It Easier”

1. Kasie says:

You are so spot on about the fact that everyone is just winging it. When I was younger I somehow thought that adults had it all together. Now that I’m in my 30s it’s clear to me that NOBODY actually knows what they’re doing. Your tips are ones I wish I had learned in my 20s, as they would have made my life much easier!

I use to think the same thing about adults! It was such a shock to me how no one really knows what they’re doing. And thank you! x

This is so good. I definitely believe what you give out returns back to you.

3. Natalie says:

I loved this post Kara, its filled with really important messages! Definitely something I (I think we all) need to keep in mind in our everyday life 🙂

4. Wow! Such a comfy look! Love that cute red bag too! You have awesome style! 😊

Carina

These are amazing tips! Thanks for sharing them.

It’s so easy to look at others and think they have everything figured out, but we never know what their life is really like. Everyone has it hard in their own way.

Thank you Kathrin! I’m so glad the tips could help. And you’re so right that everyone has it hard in their own way and we should always remember that x

6. Soph says:

I love this post and how positive it is! I really believe in putting out good energy to get the same back and working hard for what you want is crucial! Plus how cute is your jacket?!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

I totally agree with each and every one of these Kara! This is so well written! I am a big believer in Karma and being kind and polite to everyone. Live by these tips lovely and you will go far in life and more importantly, you will be happy! xx

Aw thank you Janet! I’m so glad you agree, and I hope you’re having the best week because you deserve it! x

8. Chloe says:

Love this post! I completely agree about just winging it, the minute I stopped holding on to having a complete life plan was when everything got less stressful! Thanks for sharing this lovely, and you look gorgeous in the photos!

Chloe x

Thank you so much Chloe! I’m glad everything got less stressful, and I hope you’re having a great week! x

9. So on point darling and totally agree with it all. Loving your coat by the way!

10. Amy Arnold says:

Definitely winging it over here! So cute.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

11. Love all these inspiring tips! Your coat is so fabulous and make me want to jump right into fall.

12. Kinga K says:

Perfect outfit for autumn ❤

13. Ros says:

“Freak outs are ok” … Yep! We’ve all had them and then beat ourselves up for having them. It took me a long time to just let go and be comfortable in expressing my true emotions! Great tips and thanks for sharing!

14. Your coat is so cute, i love it with that bag

15. I’m a firm believer in karma and treating others how you want to be treated but the last few months have really been trying my patience. It just feels like I give too much to the world and keep getting crap right back

Sxx
    daringcoco.com

16. Nice photos dear and so cute outfit!
    Have a wonderful day!

17. When I realised that everyone was just winging life, not just teens and young adults, but adult adults too, it was the most freeing epiphany. I also began to see my parents as people, not just “my parents” the superheroes who had the answers to everything. That also made me appreciate them so much more, and I was in awe. My mantra for winging life is to take it one step at a time, implying to focus on your own thing and focus on what you’re doing now. Sometimes simply remembering the fact that we’re all just winging it is a comforting enough thought. Another thing I discovered, but that took a little longer to discover, was the value of making meaningful connections with others. I’m very comfortable independently and am all about solving my own problems and being very practical. In my life, I had noticed that a lot of other people would converse in such detail, explaining the whole backstory to the main story, creating a whole experience, whereas my interactions were more in and out. Sometimes I’d be annoyed that people were so slowww with everything, especially in regards to talking haha. But then I gradually began to open up some more, especially when conversing with a particularly talkative person. And from those experiences I realised how fulfilling those long conversations were. Not all meaningful relationships have to derive from long conversations, but it showed me the value of those deeper understandings and the camaraderie born from that. -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

I had the same thing happen when I began seeing my parents as just people! It made me appreciate them more too because raising a human is hard and everything they did when I was growing up was just pure instinct. That mantra of one step at a time is a great one. And I sometimes can get a bit frustrated when people take a long time to share something, but I’m going to keep what you said in mind. Those connections you make with people are priceless. x

18. Annette says:

Great style and great points, kindness is key 🙂

19. Amita says:

This is such a lovely post! I definitely try to spread a lot of kindness around me, and surround myself with positivity. Life’s too short to take everything too seriously! You look lovely in the pictures 🙂 x

amerzwithlove.com

20. Katya says:

I like how positive and enlightening this post is. I guess the bottom line is to be kind and be who you are. I love the outfit.

StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova