Lifestyle + Fashion + Blogging Tips + Books

Easy Ways To Get Ready For Fall

Fall is officially here, and with the temperatures starting to drop it’s become time to get ready for the new season. For me, fall always brings back the feeling of new beginnings, which I think comes from school always starting around this time of year. It’s a great time to refresh and start something new, so here are some easy ways you can get ready for fall!

Declutter And Organize Your Space

There’s no better time than with the start of each season to declutter and organize your space. Start with going through your closet and selling or donating the clothing you don’t wear anymore. I always like to do this for the season that just passed, as well as the one starting so you have a fresh look at the clothes you own for fall. It’s also good to do the same with any beauty products you own. Get rid of products you don’t use or have expired.

Once you’ve decluttered, give your space a deep cleaning if it needs it. Also, put on some fresh new bedding. There’s no better feeling than going to sleep on freshly cleaned sheets!

Add Some Small Fall Decor Items To Your Space

Adding a few pops of fall colors (oranges, reds, mustard, dark blues & greens) to your space helps bring fall indoors, and changing up your space a little is also good for keeping you inspired since it will be something new. Pillows and blankets are my favorites for making a space super cozy. You can also just add a few new candles too! I find that Target’s dollar section has amazing inexpensive fall decor items.

Fun Fall Activity

Now that it’s a bit cooler outside, go out and do something fun with friends or family. This could be apple picking, going to a pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins, or just going for a walk in a park with the leaves changing colors.

Treat Yourself

Once you’ve organized and gotten rid of what you don’t use, treat yourself! This could be to a new makeup product you’ve always wanted to try, or to a new sweater for the cooler months. You don’t have to spend a lot, but give yourself something new for the fall.

Also just doing this every so often, without the start of a new season, is a good idea too. You should be looking after yourself, and there’s nothing wrong with that including treating yourself every once and a while!

Write Everything Down

Any reason to buy a new notebook or planner is a good one, but writing things down may help your productivity this fall. To-do lists, writing down goals, mind mapping, or just keeping a daily journal all help clear space in your mind. And putting something on paper increases your chances of actually getting it done.

And those are some easy ways you can get ready for fall! Are you looking forward to the new season or are you wishing summer was staying around? Also, let me know if you give any of these a go!

Share:

40 responses to “Easy Ways To Get Ready For Fall”

You look so good here Kara! Love the red lips. I love to declutter and get rid of old products. I totally agree that writing things down means you are more likely to actually do it! Hope you enjoy the fall xx

Janet

2. shaira says:

Thanks for these tips! It’s finally the season of neutrals! I love your jacket btw 🙂

xoxo,
    SHAIRA

3. I need to bring out my fall decor. Thanks for the reminder! I love this jacket with this chic dress. Perfect fall look!

4. so inspiring, babe!! Fall activity is one thing I’m excited about since the weather is kinda lovely, not too warm and not too cold. thanks for sharing x
    have a wonderful day!

5. asha says:

Some really good tips. Cant believe its fall already.

Asha xo http://www.ageofyouth.co.uk

These are great ways to get ready for fall and any new season really. I love the idea of decluttering and indulging in some seasonal activities. This is a great way to really enjoy the season.

Such a gorgeous fall outfit, love! The pop of color is just perfect. PS I am so into this list – I’ve been treating myself for sure 😉 Awaiting a giant order from Forever21 as we speak LOL

Thank you, Quinn! And yes to treating yourself!! A giant order from Forever21 sounds so exciting x

8. Amy Ann Arnold says:

Good tips! Decluttering is always a good place to start for me.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

9. Itzytrendy says:

such a cool outfit!!!
    love your blog!!

I really like adding fall decor here and there in my house. Also, having fall candles in each room feels so in the season.

11. PerlaGiselle says:

Yes! I love these tips because they are not necessarily focused on fashion, but the overall transition phase. you look super cute in all your pictures and I am really glad I stumbled across your blog. I’m following on Bloglovin <3

-PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

12. Cute touch on the scarf! And I love that army colored jacket 😉

Carina

13. your outfit is so cute, I love the scarf

14. Kasie says:

These are all such great suggestions! I adore this fall look, so perfect for these transitional days. That jacket is absolute fall perfection!

Such a cute touch to your outfit with the red neck scarf over the navy dress! 🙂 Good tips too – I think any time is good for decluttering, but a new season is a great time to be motivated to do so!

Hope that you are having an awesome weekend so far 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

Thank you, Mica! I love adding the red neck scarf to outfits for an extra detail. I hope you’re having a great week so far! x

16. Kinga K says:

Awesome tips,cool pics ❤

17. Sofia says:

Although here in Australia we’re going into Spring, I loveeee changing up my interiors for seasons!! These are some awesome tips girl!!

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

18. Great post and great tips for get ready for fall. I completely agree with you about all of them and if I can add one more – visit library and find some books. My favorite activity during all year, especially during fall and winter is reading.

Thank you! I love reading so that’s a great idea! I need to start visiting libraries more.

It’s amazing how a simple decorative piece or two can make such a huge difference on your space. Thanks for the tips dear! Love the pop of color from your scarf, such a cute look!

Thank you, Jessica! It really is amazing what a simple decor piece can do to a space x