Fall Edit 2018: Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

10/07/2018

By now it’s known that fall is my favorite season. Last year I did a fall edit, and I decided it was time to do another one! I’m planning on doing this for every season from now on too. This is a look at my favorites and essentials for fall, with everything from lifestyle, fashion, and beauty!

BEAUTY

Burt’s Bees Milk & Honey Lotion

Moisturizing your skin is important all year round, but especially in these colder last few months. I always find it hard to find a lotion that isn’t too sticky after applying it, which is why this Burt’s Bees one is a new love of mine. Not only is the smell of it amazing, but my skin feels smooth without feeling greasy or sticky afterwards.

Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Cleanser

I talked about this in my September round-up post but still wanted to include it here too. This cleanser is a dream to apply and it leaves my skin feeling really clean and hydrated.

Burt’s Bees Overnight Cream

Dry skin is no one’s friend when the weather gets colds. I’ve found over the years that some form of a night cream is great for moisturizing my skin while I sleep. This one from Burt’s Bees really does leave my skin feeling moisturized, plus it’s great for sensitive skin.

Bath Salts

Treat yourself to many baths this fall since they are a great way to relax and soothe your body. Bath bombs are great, but they can be a bit pricey for just one use. I personally love bath salts since they still make the bath smell good and you can get many uses out of them. Any bath salt that you like the smell of is good, but if you have a Target near you I highly suggest the Fir & Leather one from Hearth & Hand! It smells like a fall Christmas tree.

Essential Oils

If you have trouble falling asleep or tend to get anxious, then I highly recommend trying an essential oil roller this fall. My personal favorite scent for relaxing is anything lavender and with an easy roll on the wrist, it helps calm me done. This sleep one from Bath & Body Works is my go-to for night time.

Bold Lip

One of the best things about fall for me is all the darker lip colors I can wear, without my lips getting too dry. Red lips are my favorite for any time of year but especially fall. This Burt’s Bee’s lip crayon in Napa Vineyard is my current favorite bold matte red.

Natural Lip Color

Although I love a bold lip occasionally for fall, for day to day I prefer the look of a subtle lip color. The Glossier Balm Dotcom in cherry is my go-to for this. It is the best lip moisturizer I’ve ever use, and it gives your lips the look of having just eaten a popsicle.

Perfume

I’m very picky when it comes to perfumes since most of them tend to give me a headache. I love scents that aren’t sweet, especially for the colder time of the year. The Glossier You perfume will probably be the only scent I’ll wear daily for as long as they make it. It’s a beautiful scent that isn’t too overpowering and just gives me the best fall feelings.

FASHION

Cardigans

For the months where it’s not cold enough to wear a coat yet, cardigans are my go-to. They’re also great for layering in the winter too. This gray cardigan-coat is from Uniqlo and it’s been perfect for the cooler evenings.

Sweaters, Sweaters, And More Sweaters

Sweaters could possibly be the main reason why I love fall so much. The feeling of wearing a cozy, slightly oversized sweater is just simply the best. H&M is my favorite place year after year to buy affordable ones. I always like to have a mix of neutral ones, patterns (stripes being my favorite), and a few colored ones in my wardrobe.

Colorful Accessories

Color can be a big commitment to your wardrobe, so one of my favorite ways of adding it is with accessories. Nothing is better than a big, cozy scarf to keep you warm, so treat yourself to one in a pop of color or a fun print.

LIFESTYLE

Small Fall Decor

One of my favorite things is to add some small home decor items with each changing season. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to do this. It can be a simple fall banner or a new throw. This fall banner I have was only $3 at Target.

Anything That Makes You Feel Good

There’s no better time than the present to treat yourself to the things that make you feel good. Whether that’s going on long walks in the cooler weather or cozying up in bed with a movie. Take the time to look after yourself and not feel guilty about taking time to do things that aren’t the most “productive”.

And that is my fall edit for 2018! I hope this gave you some new things to try this season, and I’ve love to know what you’re loving so far this fall!

29 responses to “Fall Edit 2018: Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle”

This is an awesome post! Thanks for all the wonderful product and general recommendations.

I especially like the idea of the essential oil roller. I tend to have trouble sleeping and have pure lavender oil lying around so I’m going to try putting some on my wrists tonight.

Thank you so much, Kathrin! I hope the lavender helped! It’s one of the best calming scents.

Loved this post Kara! I totally agree H&M is the best for chunky oversized cozy sweaters! I bought so many this year from them. I really want to have a good look at Burt’s Bees, you are definitely tempting me. I tend to wear a darker lip in fall and Winter then lighter shades in Spring and Summer. Loved the cozy scarf too! Have a great week lovely xx

Thank you, Janet! I’ve had to stop myself from buying a lot of sweaters from H&M this year haha. If you do give any Burt’s Bess products a try you’ll have to let me know what you try! Have a great week too x

3. I’ve heard so much about Burt Bee’s and love that bold red lip! I adore all the fall vibes in this post.

4. Samantha says:

Looks like you are ready for fall!
    ~Samantha

5. Ellie says:

OMG I am loooving the new season already and just love this post! That berry lip is just sooo gorgeous

Ellie xx

6. I am loving your fall picks girlfriend! I agree H&M has amazing sweaters for a great price! I love that brown turtleneck on you! Have an amazing week!

Carina

7. Great tips hun, loving the Burt’s Bees products, the cozy scarves and sweaters are perfect for fall and H&M have a great selection!

I must try that overnight cream! Especially if it works well with sensitive skin. I am so afraid of breakouts, but dry skin is so real October-April. I just love your vibe, Kara. Your neutrals with a bold are just gorgeous!

It works so well with sensitive skin! And aw thank you so much, Quinn! You are always so sweet and I hope you’re having a great week x

That Burt’s Bees lippie is SO good on you, sista! Perfect for a changing season!

10. Ciara says:

I really really love the way you’ve done the photos in this post. Flatlays are fab but there is something so authentic and natural about the way you’ve set these up – well done! x

Aw thank you so much, Ciara! Flatlays have always been the photos I’ve struggled the most to take, so that really means a lot x

11. This is such a fab post! I must try some of the Burt’s Bees products since they seem to be too good!

Bukola Veronica,

12. Rach says:

Thanks for the recommendations! You have convinced to really want to try the Glossier lip balm! I’ve been thinking about it, and now is the time!

13. I didn’t know Burts Bees came out with more products! These sound awesome, definitely need to try it!

x Nicole

I really love the play of colors you have here dear. Thanks for the tips!