Lifestyle + Fashion + Blogging Tips + Books

How To Deal With Life’s Unexpected Changes

Life is full of unexpected changes, some good and some not so good. No matter how prepared we think we are, there will always be times where something happens that takes us by surprise. Now I’m by no means an expert on this thing called life since no one really is, but I thought I would share some things to keep in mind when life’s unexpected changes happen.

Don’t try to hide or push down what you are feeling.

It’s important to acknowledge what you are feeling and not hide it away. If you push what you are feeling down and don’t deal with it now, it will still be there until you face it. It’s hard, but sit down and figure out what you’re feeling and why.

Also, find someone you trust that you can talk to about what has happened. Keeping it all inside is never a good thing, and getting it out in some way usually helps. Plus, they might have some helpful advice to give too. If you don’t have someone you trust or just don’t want to share it with anyone, write it down on a sheet of paper or in a journal. This will let you clearly see what you’re thinking and how you’re going to deal with it.

Focus on the positives.

This is always easier said than done, but focusing on the positives will make any situation easier. You might not be able to control a situation, but you can control how you react and how you look at it.

Everything happens for a reason, even if you can’t see it.

I know some people hate this expression, but it’s true. Everything does happen for a reason. You may figure out what that reason is right now or many years later. Everything in life happens because something else happened beforehand to get you there. You can’t have the good without the bad. So just know that no matter how hard or crappy things are, there is always a blue sky at the end that was meant for you.

There is nothing life throws at you that you cannot handle.

Life doesn’t give you anything that you can’t handle. You may not know it, but you are stronger than you think. The universe has a plan for you that you may not be able to see, but you are strong enough to handle what life throws your way. Things in life will challenge and push you, but know that is to help you grow as a person.

Know that this too will pass.

Like with everything in life, this too will pass. Moments leave us quicker than we realize, which is bad for the good moments and good for the bad ones. Life is full of many ups and downs, twists and turns. But everything eventually does pass. And you have the power to determine how it will affect you and what lessons you’ll learn from it.

And those are some things to keep in mind to help deal with life’s unexpected changes. Just remember that you’ve got this, and with a positive outlook you can get through anything in life!

If you need a little bit more inspiration and positivity, be sure to give my 22 things I’ve learned this past year post a read too!

Share:

32 responses to “How To Deal With Life’s Unexpected Changes”

This is really a great post Kara! I am a true believer that everything does happen for a reason, sometimes it’s just hard at the time to know why. I also believe that the universe does have plans for us, we have to ride out the bad times and enjoy the good times. I love your photos, the trees are so beautiful. You look lovely in your outfit too. xx

Thank you so much, Janet! It can be hard to know at the time why, but it’s comforting to know that there is a reason for it. I hope you’re having a good week! xx

Thank you for sharing another positive post. I always enjoy reading these. You always say inspiring things that are wonderful reminders to be positive.

3. what a thoughtful post, Kara! life changes can be hard sometimes, but focusing on positives and trying to understand how things work and that everything happens for a reason are my favorites way to deal with it. thank you for sharing x
    have a wonderful day!

Thank you, Grace! Focusing on the positives is always the best choice. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week! x

This is such an important post! Knowing that things will pass is huge. It’s easier to be positive when you remember that for sure xx

5. Valeria Chizhova says:

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

6. Lorna says:

So glad you have shared these tips! I think it’s so important to speak out and not push feelings down. Lovely outfit too by the way!

Raindrops of Sapphire

7. it says:

so cool post!
    thanks for sharing!!!!

I like your checked pants! 🙂

This is good advice too – there are often unexpected things in life but if we think hard enough we can often see a positive – maybe not now, but certainly a few years down the line!

Hope that you are having a great week 🙂 I’ve been sick for most of it but I’m starting to feel better 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

Thank you, Mica! I hope you’re feeling better now and take some time to look after yourself (:

9. Such an awesome post and thanks for the positive reminders darling. Loving trousers trousers by the way!

10. Love all your positive vibes here! I couldn’t agree more. I adore this cozy chic look. Those trousers are amazing!

11. What a beautiful post and photos, you look amazing
    Bisous

You’ve just got to go with the flow and allow that change to happen because that’s how we learn and grow. Plus, usually it is always for the better!
    Love your plaid pants!

13. nikoline says:

Great tips! And I love your outfit <3

TheNormcoreRebel

14. E says:

It is difficult to think into the positive when you live unexpected changes but life is like that and we have to learn about everything that happen to us.
    Kisses,
    E.

The “this too shall pass” is one of the simplest way to put hard things in life into perspective. And yes, there’s no losing in life. It’s either you win or you learn. Thanks for the lovely read dear!