September Monthly Round Up 2018 + OOTD

10/03/2018

It is officially my favorite time of the year! These last 3 months of the year are always my favorite, with everything from the cooler weather, my birthday, and eventually the holidays. September was the start of fall, and overall it was a lovely month. Here is a look at the month of September, with everything from items I loved to this fall outfit + more!

ON THE BLOG

I say this almost every month, but I really love the posts I created for September. Here is a list of them, in case you missed any and want to have a read!:

THINGS I LOVED

Burt’s Bees Matte Lip Crayon

Until this past month, I hadn’t really used too many of Burt’s Bees products. Since going cruelty-free I’ve been branching out more and their products have quickly become a favorite of mine. Their matte lip crayons are perfect for an easy, everyday lip. The two colors I have are Redwood Forest, which is more of a warm toned muted red, and Napa Vineyard, which is a brighter red shade. I do have to reapply them during the day, but since they apply like a lip balm I don’t really mind.

Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser

The one thing I knew was going to be a challenge with going cruelty-free was finding skincare products that actually worked. This sensitive facial cleanser is better than anything I’ve ever used. It feels like you’re applying a moisturizer to your face, but once you rinse it off your face feels super clean. It’s also almost completely natural, which is something else I’ve been trying to focus on. If you have sensitive skin I highly recommend giving this a try!

Burning Candles When Working

I talked about this briefly on Instagram recently but with the slightly cooler weather, I’ve been burning more candles when I’m working. It helps make my space cozier and although I can’t say this for sure, it does seem to help a little with getting work done. Although I think that might be because I’m afraid of it burning the house down if I leave it burning for too long.

Planning More Thoroughly

One of the things I’ve put a lot of focus on this month is my productivity. I realized I wasn’t getting as much done daily as I would have liked to. Personally, I work better with planning and structuring out how and when I’m going to complete my work. So this month I started being a bit more thorough with how I plan. I’ve added sticky notes to my daily planner: one with a look at what I need to get done for the week, and one for my monthly goals. I find having both of these written out instead of just in my brain has helped me complete more work and stay on focus with my goals. Being able to see the bigger picture allows me to plan my days in the best way I can.

Her Every Fear By Peter Swanson

This will be in my next book recommendations post, but I thought I would include it in here too. Her Every Fear is about these cousins who have never met before, and they decide to switch apartments for 6 months. When the girl arrives from London to her cousin’s apartment in Boston, it turns out the next door neighbor has been killed. If you like mystery, suspense books then I would highly recommend giving this one a read!

PERSONAL

September overall was a pretty good month. Some things changed in regard to how things in the future will go, but like with everything in life, I’m learning to just go with the flow. My last course in college has actually become one of my favorites that I’ve ever taken. It’s a people skills class, although it has turned out to be one big self-help, motivation class on living your best life. I also started meditating this month, which I’ll be doing a post on soon. In the past, I always believed it wouldn’t do anything, but the positive effects it has had on my overall mood and attitude have been amazing.

OOTD

This month I’ve been pushing the limit on wearing fall clothes in the heat, and this outfit is no exception. Rust colors have become a quick favorite of mine for the fall time, and I’m surprised I haven’t really owned any pieces in this color until this year. The rust high neck top I’m wearing is from Uniqlo, and I couldn’t pass it up since it was only $10! Skirts aren’t a huge favorite of mine, but this plaid one that is also from Uniqlo is one of the few I really like.

And that is a look at September! I’d love to hear how this month was for you, and I’m wishing you the best in October!

34 responses to “September Monthly Round Up 2018 + OOTD”

1. Vanessa says:

I love these looks, you are gorgeous! Such awesome photos!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa

2. wow, what a wonderful and thoughtful blog post. love it! x
    have an amazing day!

3. Eloise says:

My and my boyfriend get so excited when it hits autumn so we can start putting the candles on haha. lovely post dear

ETERNALLY ELLE

4. Need to check out this book and I should start burning candles more too. Love this fall look!

Another great post Kara! I will have to look at Burt’s Bees, I have seen them in the shops but not stopped to look, that lip crayon looks so good! I am a fan of candles too as I like nice smells in the house! You really suit the rust colour and that skirt is so cute! xx

Thank you so much, Janet! It took me years to finally give Burt’s Bees a try but their products have really surprised me. You’ll have to let me know what products you try and what you think of them! x

6. This look is so gorgeous! I absolutely love your skirt!

I love Burt’s Bees products, but I never used the cleanser. I might end up picking it up after your glowing review.

It’s great that this was a good month for you. I hope October is just as good.

8. Gorgeous outfit darling, you look great!

So much thought was put into this post. Happy fall!
    Great ootd!

You look such a darling here dear! Love the simplicity of the outfit, and how you wear it so effortlessly. Cute top on you.

Jessica | notjessfashion.come

11. Liv says:

Love the outfit! Also, burning candles definitely ups the cozy autumn vibes! I haven’t done it while I try to get stuff done yet, but maybe it’ll make me want to be in my workspace more!

-Liv | https://andlivloves.com/

Thank you, Liv! Burning candles makes any space cozier, so hopefully it’ll make you want to be in your workspace more! x

12. Grace Louise says:

What a gorgeous post Hun! You look so stunning in these photos x

Grace Louise || http://www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

13. Gabrielle says:

Love how one of your fave things from this past month has been planning more efficiently; I’ve been doing somewhat of the same thing! Also loving these images by the way babe – so Autumnal! Totally with you on adoring the next 3 months; they become more and more exciting 🙂

aglassofice.com x

14. Lorna says:

Glad you’re enjoying that college course! You look great though, love the skirt!

Raindrops of Sapphire

15. Ella Jones says:

I’ve been trying to get more organised, especially as I’m in Year 13 now and things have suddenly gotten very stressful all at once! I’d love to know your organisation methods!!

I hope things get less stressful soon! I’ll do a post on my organization methods soon, but it’s a lot of planning and using my phone reminders to stay on top of everything! x

16. That skirt is so cute, perfect for fall