Lifestyle + Fashion + Blogging Tips + Books

Sick Day Tips

It’s that time of year when getting sick is harder to avoid. With the changing weather sadly at some point we’ll all be feeling a bit under the weather. I’ve been sick these past few days and it has made me realize what I need to do in order to look after myself and to get better. So, here are some of my tips for when you’re having a sick day!

Things To Remember:

You don’t have to be really productive when you’re sick. Your goal is to look after yourself, not to get everything done.

You can’t pour from an empty mug. So make sure you’re doing and feeling okay first before anything else.

If you do have to work, wear comfortable clothes and try to take it as easy as you possibly can. Get the things that have a close deadline done first and see if other tasks can be done when you’re feeling better.

Listen to what your body needs. Don’t push yourself too hard when you’re not feeling well.

Tips + Things To Do:

Drink Lots Of Tea.

A good cup of tea is always a good idea, especially when you’re sick. There are so many different types of tea, with ones to help with everything from a cold, aches, and sore throat. So, find the type of tea that will help best for how you’re feeling and have a cup once a day. If you don’t like tea, hot lemon water and honey is really great too!

Colloidal Silver.

This is a miracle worker for when you’re not feeling well. I’m not sure the exact science behind it, but all you do is gargle with it, swallow and then drink some water. This honestly has helped me feel so much better in no time whenever I’m sick. When I got really sick on my trip this summer I spent a whole day hunting this down, and once I took some within 24 hours I was already feeling a difference.

Take A Bath With Epsom Salts.

Baths are good in general this time of year, but adding Epsom salts really helps soothe the body. Put on your favorite movie or grab a book, sprinkle a little into the bath, and relax!

Yummy Food.

Treat yourself when you’re not feeling well to some food that you love. This may not make what you have go away, but honestly, good food just makes everything better!

Give Yourself Time To Rest And Recover.

Your body needs time to recover so give it that time. Create a cozy space where you can relax and do some of your favorite things. Don’t try to rush your body getting better. Just look after yourself and take it one day at a time.

And those are some of my tips for when you’re having a sick day! I’d love to know what helps you when you’re sick, and if you are sick I hope you feel better soon!

Share:

30 responses to “Sick Day Tips”

1. E says:

As always, you do a really useful post. This is the season of sicks days, we don’t get use to change from warm weather to cold weather. Thanks for your tips.
    Kisses,
    E.

Aw thank you E! This is definitely the season of sick days due to the changing weather, but I hope these tips help x

2. Great post! Such a useful tips and gorgeous photos. That book seems very interesting. I would like to read it.

Blog – http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48JZd0Gbj0

Listening to your body and acting on it is the best medicine, there is no point in pushing yourself like you say you can’t give from an empty mug! I have heard of Colloidal Silver before, I must look into that! Great post as always lovely xx

That’s very true! Colloidal silver is a miracle worker, so if you do try it you’ll have to let me know what you think. And thank you so much, Janet! x

4. Carina says:

Wow great tips Kara! I recently learned about Silver too and I heard it really works wonders! Hope you are feeling better, if you did get sick. I will definitely try these tips!

Thank you, Carina! I was sick but I’m feeling much better now. I hope these tips help! x

So in need of this post because – I haven’t been feeling well for like the past week! Obviously, I needed some tips to get by. I’ve never heard of the silver before…must try. Happiest Monday, Kara!

6. Dominique says:

Tea and rest are always my 2 key things when I’m sick! Thanks for sharing your tips hun xx

7. Grace Louise says:

Ohhh I love this post and your photos are so lovely!

Grace Louise || http://www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

8. Kasie says:

These are such great tips, Kara. I swear by Epson salt baths. I am definitely going to have to give Colloidal Silver a try.

9. Babita says:

These are great tips, you made here Kara! Listening to body while being sick and working according to that sounds best remedy! I love all the tips especially having tea, it really works wonder if you’re having cold!

Xoxo Babita

10. Such beautiful pictures and great tips!

These are great tips. As someone who gets sick a lot, I always find posts like these so useful. The reminder to take it easy is especially important since that’s usually something I find difficult to follow. I’ve also never heard of colloidal silver so I’ll have to check it out.

I hope you get well soon.

12. Naya says:

Wonderful tips here! I must admit that my number one struggle is that I start worrying about work and not being productive, when I really need to give myself some time to rest. I guess that’s a common trait that all “perfectionists” and workaholics have xx

Naya

13. Great tips Kara, and love your pictures as always.

Being sick is always such a struggle. I haven’t heard of colloidal silver, it really sounds like a miracle. I will keep this in mind for next time when I’m sick, so I will give it a try then and tell you how it worked.

15. Wonderful tips Kara! Sometime it’s hard for me to relax when I am sick. Love this cozy spot!

These are good tips! It’s been a tough winter for us with sickness so I’m glad that the boys and I are feeling better, hopefully now it’s spring things will stay that way! I think rest is really important when you’re unwell but tt’s hard to get sometimes as a mum, ha!

Hope that you are having a good week 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

17. Kinga K says:

I love your tips ❤

18. Nina says:

These are great tips. A cup of hot tea is always a good idea.

Nina’s Style Blog

19. Lorna says:

I didn’t know about the silver, but funnily enough I am having a bad day today, so these tips are useful! Thank you!

Raindrops of Sapphire

20. These are really great tips. I have been under the weather myself these few days so this is helpful 🙂 http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/10/5-ways-to-rock-mustard-this-fall.html

This is so on point dear. When sick, that’s your body’s way of telling you to tone it down a little bit, have a break and actually get some quality rest.