The Best Purchases I’ve Ever Made

11/25/2018

At the beginning of the month, I wrote a post on the best things in life that money can’t buy. And even though life isn’t about the materialistic things, it got me thinking about the best items I’ve ever bought. I’ve made my fair share of bad purchases over the years, but there are quite a few that I wouldn’t hesitate to buy again. So here are the best purchases I have ever made and hopefully, this will inspire you to think more wisely about what you spend your money on!

UNIQLO RAINCOAT

With my love of fashion, I’ve made many clothing purchases over the years. Although I’ve loved a lot of them, there are only a few purchases I feel are the best of the best. This Uniqlo rain/wind coat is the best outerwear item I own. It is thin so it’s great for most of the year, and the design of it makes it perfect for going out in the rain and wind.

H&M SWEATERS

Sweaters are my weakness when it comes to clothing, and I’ve never regretted buying a sweater from H&M before. Their sweaters are good quality for the price, and almost all of my most worn sweaters are ones I have gotten from there a few years ago.

INVESTING IN MYSELF

The best things to buy are things that allow you to invest in yourself, and your future. For me, that is a wide variety of things: my glasses, online courses, books, my planner, blog, and anything else that has helped me develop new skills and grow.

MY BLOG

The day I decided to start a blog was one of my best decisions, and with that came purchasing a few things that I’ve never regretted buying. Everything from my domain, web hosting, design, editing software, and filters were all worth it because it allows me to do what I love. And as you may have noticed, my blog has a new look! I’m so happy with it and after two years of the other design, it’s really nice to have a new one.

DSLR CAMERA

This does go along with my blog, but my DSLR camera has been one of my most used items of my life these past few years. It allows me to capture the moments I want for my blog and Instagram, and it has made my love for photography grow even more. It has also opened my eyes to the endless possibilities that can come from photography. And the great thing is that you don’t have to spend a fortune to get one.

You can read about the camera equipment I use for my blog here!

MY DOG

Now, I highly highly highly encourage you to adopt and not shop when getting a dog. But since my brother and mom are highly allergic to almost every type of dog, it wasn’t possible for us to do so. We spent ages going through the hypoallergenic list of dogs and a Bichon was the only dog that they were able to live with. So we did end up purchasing my dog from a breeder but honestly, I wouldn’t change it for the world. My little fluff ball has been in the family for almost 11 years now and I love her more and more every day. There’s just nothing better than coming home to someone greeting you like you hung the moon.

And those are some of my best purchases I’ve ever made! Just remember that the best things in life truly are the things money can’t buy. I’d love to know what the best purchase you’ve ever made is!

32 responses to “The Best Purchases I’ve Ever Made”

I love your blog’s new look, it looks so amazing! Animals are the best, for me, it is my cat, I just love cats, they don’t welcome you as a dog does but they give lots of love! H&M sweaters are the best! These photos are so good Kara! xx

Thank you so much, Janet! I’m so happy you like it. Cats giving lots of love sounds wonderful! If my family members weren’t allergic I honestly would have both a cat and a dog xx

The new blog layout looks amazing. It’s great to change things up every once in a while.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful list. It can be difficult to spend money on oneself, but you’re right that sometimes it’s definitely worth it.

The blog redesign is so awesome, Kara! So glad that you’re happy with it too. I couldn’t agree more about any of your best purchases – dogs all the way. You’ve got me thinking about my best purchases and I’m having such trouble narrowing it down! Do good boots count? 😉

I can only agree that the H&M sweaters are the best. I just recently bought a similar one in grey. It keeps me warm throughout the whole winter. I’m buying a lot of things all the time (unfortunately) but the things I never regret are handbags, shoes and jacket or coats. These are the items that you can also wear year after year and never go out of style.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks their sweaters are the best! Those are great things to purchases and you’re right that they never go out of style x

5. Nina Nguyen says:

Some great items you picked up!
    xx- Nina

6. Your dog is so cute and I completely agree with you about adopting and don’t buying a dog. List of your purchases is very beautiful, and I as well as you, think that best thing is investing in yourself.

Blog – http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1w25mLbLIs

7. Dominique says:

Spending money and spoiling my doggy is my favourite thing to do! Definitely money well spent, hehe xx

8. Kasie says:

This is such a wonderful post, Kara! I love that you included your pup on this list. My dogs are truly the most wonderful parts of my life so I can totally relate!

The H&M SWEATER is super cute and cozy dear. Love the colorful one, cute color combination. And yes, if you want to be serious in your blog, you have to invest in a good camera, and preferably learn how to use it; familiarize yourself with its features, along with some tricks. Also, your pooch is the cutest!

Thank you, Jessica! You definitely do need to know how to use the camera. One of the best things I’ve read is how you can have the fanciest camera equipment, but if you don’t know how to use it you won’t take better photos.

10. Awe your dog is so cute, I love my cat

My blog and my camera are two of my favorite purchases, ever too! Along, with our house and our car!

12. my big canon camera and my macbook are probably the best things i have ever bought.
    ❤︎

13. Loving your picks darling and your dog is super adorable!!!!

Your pup is so cute! And I’m a big fan of the H&M sweater section, too!

Your dog I love it! And the photo! One of the best things I ever bought was a little black jacket from H&M surprisingly it was from one of their expensive lines and I got it about 8 years ago and it was $70 and it looks like it is from an expensive designer.

And yes my DSLR as well as my vlogging camera the Canon G7X and Final Cut Pro. Love editing videos with FCP.

Thank you, Allie! That jacket from H&M sounds like an amazing purchase. You definitely got your money’s worth. And FCP is the best for editing videos!

16. E says:

You made a great selection. I am very happy with my camera purchase because I use it soooo much and it is just everything I was looking for. And I am thinking about make an invest on my blog and move to WordPress but I think I haven’t got enough time now to focus on it, maybe in a future.
    Kisses,
    E.

That’s great that you get a lot of use out of your camera! And switching to WordPress is a good idea, but definitely wait until you have enough time for it. Wishing you all the best with whatever you decide to do!