Tips For Getting Motivated

11/14/2018

The M word: Motivation. We all know it and it can be a real challenge at times. There are days where we’re more motivated than others, and that’s okay. But at some points in life there are times where motivation is lacking, so I thought I would share some tips on how to get motivated again!

Plan Plan Plan

In order to be motivated, you have to have a clear idea of what you are working towards. Create a realistic plan with big goals you want to accomplish. This can be anything from career goals to personal and life goals. Then take each big goal and create small mini goals and steps that you can do that gets you to reach those big goals. You want to push yourself a little bit, but it’s important to make sure your goals are attainable.  Having a visual plan of everything you’re going to do with step by step tasks will help you see that if you put in the time and effort, you can actually accomplish it.

Create A Vision / Goal Board

Once you have created your goals and plans, creating a visual representation of if that you see every day can be a great daily reminder to put in the work. Print off photos that relate to your goals and type and print out some of your goals to put on there too. You can do this on Pinterest, but I would suggest having a small board in your room so you’ll actually see it every morning. By having this hanging up you’ll be motivated to achieve your goals since you can’t forget them, and if you believe something will happen for long enough eventually it will happen.

Follow People That Inspire And Motivate You

One of the main ways I motivate myself is by following people on Instagram and Youtube who are working towards their goals and being productive. Whenever I’m feeling a little unmotivated I’ll watch someone’s vlog and Instagram story that is being productive in some way. Even if it’s just someone doing everyday things like cleaning, it still motivates me to get off my butt and do what I need to. Find people that motivate you in some way and feed off their good energy.

Know That You Hold All The Power

Watching a video of someone’s day or trying something new may help motivate you for a little while. But just know that at the end of the day you hold all the power. There is nothing wrong from getting motivation from outside. But motivation can really only come from you. It takes a lot of learning, self-discipline, and remembering what you want to achieve. You hold all the power on where you go in life. It’s a scary realization, but it also is a beautiful one. Everything is up to you.

Just like with everything in life it does take time, and it’s perfectly normal for motivation to come in waves. Just find what works for you and don’t be too hard on yourself. You’ll get where you were meant to go.

17 responses to “Tips For Getting Motivated”

1. Jenifer says:

These are some great tips, I too have made several vision boards and have found them to be very helpful. This was a great and helpful read!

xx Jenifer

These are some great tips Kara! I definitely need motivation some days, a vision board is such a wonderful idea! One thing I need to do more of is plan! Thanks for sharing these lovely! xx

Thank you, Janet! Planning is honestly what keeps my life together and running as smoothly as possible. I hope this helps!

3. Great tips Kara and that shirt dress is so cute!

That dress is so nice on you! 🙂 Such good tips too! Sometimes it’s hard to find motivation, it’s good to follow people that inspire you and motivate you as you said! 🙂

Hope that you are having a nice week 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

5. Lorna says:

Firstly, that photo in the shadows with the tree is stunning. But also thanks for sharing the tips. I struggle with motivation sometimes and I agree following someone who inspires you is good.
    Raindrops of Sapphire

Love your tips, lady- motivation can be such an elusive thing, but I find that planning really helps!

7. Hannah says:

Definitely agree with you on the planning part! If I make a to do list with smaller tasks that can be easier to tick off it helps so much! Great post xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

8. Love this denim shirt dress! Thanks for these tips. I need motivation with the holidays coming up.

These are great tips for getting motivated. While motivation does come and go in waves for me just like you said, I’m actually currently learning to do the opposite because I always had trouble letting things go and just taking it easy without pushing all the time and burning myself out. All the same tips still apply though 🙂

Also, you last photo is just stunning. It looks like you’re about to step into another mystical world.

10. sepatuholig says:

Such a great write up, thank you for sharing…
    IG @grace_njio

Needed this post this week especially – getting back to it after vacation is always so hard. I completely agree with all of these! Especially the point about only following people who inspire and motivate you. It’s a great way to get negativity out of your life as well. As always, so wise, beautiful Kara!

This is super on point dear, and I couldn’t agree more, especially on following people that motivates you. Indeed, there are so much things to learn from successful people. And when you surround yourself with them, their work-ethic and wisdom becomes contagious. Anyway, loving the shirtdress!

13. Corina says:

this outfit fits you really and these are really great tips, everyone need motivation.
    xo Corina