What I Do Every Day That Helps Me Have A Good Day

11/22/2018

“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives” is one of my favorite quotes because it is very true. What you do each day shapes how your year and life will turn out. You don’t have to be doing something amazing or exciting every day of your life, but it is important to do things every day that make you happy. In the past, I’ve shared some tips on things to do to have a good day/week, such as small things you can do to start your day off right and 8 things you should do every week. But I’ve never shared what I personally do. So here is a look at the things I try to do every day that helps me have a good day!

Get Enough Sleep the Night Before

The older I get the more I realize how important sleep is. Although I would love to stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning scrolling on my phone and getting work done, it doesn’t make me feel good the next day. I always try to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night because a cranky, tired Kara is no one’s friend.

Giving Myself Enough Time in the Morning to Get Ready

This one is very important. I’m someone who cherishes their time getting ready in the morning. I find that giving myself enough time in the morning and not rushing makes me overall happier. When I am short on time I rush which stresses me out and then I end up not feeling my best for the day. So I always give myself enough time to shower, do my makeup, and get dressed.

Chat With My Mom

Although I love to have a chat with anyone in my family before my day starts, I always love having a chat with my mom. It’s nice to just have a quick talk and laugh while eating breakfast.

Remembering What I Am Grateful For

One thing I try to do is to remember what I have and what I am grateful for. It helps me put things into perspective, especially when my day isn’t going too well.

Looking at the Positives in Everything That Happens

One of my favorite things I read this year was how often times you aren’t having a bad day, but something bad just happened in the okay/good day. Very few times is the entire day completely bad, and focusing on the good that happened is a better way of looking at things. This is always easier said than done, but with time it becomes second nature and it honestly just makes me feel better. Also, if in 5 years you’re not going to remember something then it’s not worth spending too much time focusing on it now.

Setting Aside Time To Do Something I Love

Since I work from home it can be hard to have time where I’m switched off. I’ve found that giving myself an hour or two in the evening to do something I love helps me de-stress. This could be either reading a book, sewing, watching tv, scrolling through Instagram or Pinterest, or anything else that I enjoy doing that isn’t work or blog related.

Watch An ASMR Video Before Bed

Before bed, I always like to watch an ASMR video. About a year ago I had no idea what ASMR was, but now I’m in love with it. It’s not for everyone, and it does take some time to find what works best for you. Even if it doesn’t give me “tingles”, it still helps relax me before bed. My favorite ASMR creator is Gibi ASMR, so if you’re new to it I would suggesting giving some of her videos a watch!

And that is what I try to do every day that helps me have a good day! Remember that there is no such thing as a “perfect day”. It’s all about finding what makes you happy and content and putting it into your daily routine! I’d love to know what is something you do every day that brings you joy!

13 responses to “What I Do Every Day That Helps Me Have A Good Day”

1. Your sweater is amazing dear! Lovely outfit and pictures!

How we start our day definitely impacts how we feel about the rest of the day for sure. It is so important to have enough sleep, it makes such a difference when I have slept well versus when I haven’t. I have not heard of ASMR before so I will need to check that out! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving Kara xx

Oh I’m a big sleeper and I also try to think of everything I’m grateful. These things make me happy.
    Have a beautiful day!

4. Ros says:

Yes to not rushing to get ready in the morning and a hell yes to an ASMR video before bed. My favorites now are fastasmr and ASMRsurge – been watching them for years! This was such a great read; thanks for sharing it 🙂
    xoxo Ros (ZenHealth.net)

Your outfit looks so cosy and I love the little red bag! Great tips too! I definitely find days easier when I have a little sleep the night before, but that doesn’t always happen with kids, haha! I do like getting up a little earlier to have time to myself to start the day off right no matter how little sleep I’ve had the night before.

Hope that you are having a great weekend! It’s a hot one here, feeling so much like summer! 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

This is so great! I love how refreshing it is to read something positive!
    Hope you have a lovely weekeend!

7. Love this cozy look! Thanks for sharing what you do. Being grateful is so important.

This is such a cute read dear. I couldn’t agree more, especially with number 1. If you always feel tired, then better reconsider your sleeping pattern. Anyway, love the classic pieces you have here dear, especially the bag and shoes.

Thanks for sharing these. It’s definitely true that staring your day well sets the tone for the rest of the day.

I especially like the idea that most days are good/okay days that have something bad in them. It puts an entirely different spin on the concept of a bad day.

10. The jumper looks so cozy and loving the red against the green, looking fab hun.

Very helpful tips and ASMR hmmmmm what could this be? You have me quite interested. I just wrapped a 5 month contract job so will have a bit more time on my hands so I will have to check this out.

12. E says:

I totally agree with you! Small details make us have a completely different day. I don’t do some of your steps, like sleep enough the night before or get ready with time hehe I always spend too much time watching series or reading by night that I go to bed later and then, I am every morning running hehe but I am tying to change it.
    Kisses,