Christmas Gift Ideas Under $50

12/09/2018

Christmas is quickly approaching and it’s the perfect time of year to buy gifts. I know personally for me, whenever this time comes around for some reason I tend to blank out on what to get people. Plus, it can be hard to find something for everyone on your list while sticking to a budget. So to help, here are some Christmas gift ideas that are all under $50, with everything from beauty, lifestyle, investing in yourself gifts and more!

BEAUTY & SKINCARE

The best thing about this time of year is that almost every single beauty brand puts together some kind of gift set, which makes buying more than one product easier and more affordable. I would suggest asking what someone’s favorite makeup brand is, and buying a gift set from that brand. A few affordable brands that I recommend are:

NYX: Their products are all very affordable and good quality. I highly recommend their lip products!

Glossier: They have a new makeup set that’s perfect for someone who’s always wanted to try their products.

The Body Shop: Not only do they have good skincare/body products, but their makeup is also good too!

Burt’s Bees: I haven’t tried too many of their makeup products, but you can’t go wrong with a lip product from them.

Another good gift idea is treating someone to their favorite skincare or bath item if it’s under $50. If you want to get them something new then try Burt’s Bees, Lush, or The Body Shop!

LIFESTYLE

With there being endless gift options to pick from, here are a few ideas that will hopefully be good for the people on your list:

Stationery Items: If someone loves anything stationery, get them a planner for next year! One that I swear by is the 12-month Ban.do planner that is filled with pretty artwork and plenty of space to write. You can also get them a few notebooks and other items from Moleskine, Target, or even IKEA!

Digital Screen Protection Glasses: Most people tend to spend a lot of time on their computer or phone, but don’t realize how bad this can be for their eyes. If you know someone like this, get them a pair of digital screen protection glasses! This helps protect their eyes from the blue light that comes from electronic screens. Now this may sound expensive but EyeBuyDirect has some great inexpensive frames and these lenses cost either $19 or $29. The reason why I love them is because you can upload a photo of the person and try the glasses on them. This makes picking a frame for them really easy!

Candles: And last but not least is candles! Unless someone is sensitive to scents, give them a candle or two that will help keep their place cozy all winter long. My favorite places for candles are Bath & Body Works, IKEA, and Target!

Books & Magazines

Treating someone who loves reading and photography to a magazine/ coffee table book is a great idea. There are loads to choose from, like Conde Nast Traveler, Kinfolk, Darling Magazine & more, but if someone on your list loves home decor then I highly recommend Homebody by Joanna Gaines! This is a huge book filled with lots of home decor tips and decor photos, and it’s under $30 at Target!

If someone on your list loves reading, then getting them a book or two is a smart gift choice. You can see all my book recommendations here, but I would suggest finding out what genre they like to read and go from there!

INVEST IN YOURSELF

Sometimes that best gift you can give someone is something that is investing in them, which can be something that will improve their life or help them learn something new. Here are a few ideas:

Online Course: Give someone the gift of learning a new skill by giving them an online course. There are so many websites where you can take online classes in your own time and learn something new. The one I’ve personally used before and loved is StackSkills. Make a homemade coupon that’s worth $50 and tell them they can pick any course that interests them. With everything from photography to web design, there will probably be something that interests them!

New Blog Design: If someone you know is a blogger or has a website, give them a little homemade coupon for a new blog design that is $50 or under. This way they can pick the design they want and you are helping them with their blogging journey! Etsy is a great place for them to look for a new design.

Gift Card: There always is this negative idea surrounding gift cards, but sometimes they can be the best gifts to give! It shows that you put some thought into where they like to shop, but are giving them the freedom to buy what they personally like. So get someone a gift card this Christmas! It can be to a clothing store, Amazon, Target, or even a food shop. Also, if you know someone is saving up for something see if you can get a gift card that will help.

I hope this helps and that you find everyone on your list the perfect gift! Also, be sure to read my 2 other Christmas themed blog posts: Minimal Christmas Decor Ideas & Tips For Dealing With Holiday Stress.

57 responses to “Christmas Gift Ideas Under $50”

1. Patricia says:

All great suggestions! I especially love the idea of investing in yourself and therefore inhour future.

2. These are great ideas, i want to try the rose one

3. Lisa Autumn says:

Oh they all look amazing! Thanks girl!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

Sometimes it’s best to keep gifts simple and cost-effective – it’s the thought that counts, right? Obsessed with NYX! Such a great way to give someone a sampling of makeup. A planner is also a cute way to keep everyone organized. All excellent ideas, Kara!

5. Emily says:

Ohhhh these are all SUCH great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

-Emily | http://www.TheEmilyEdition.com

6. Vanessa says:

Love all of these gifts under $50! I need to get my hands on Glossier!

Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa

I’m still on the hunt for some gifts so your tips come in very useful to me. I’m almost not able to count the candles in our living room, I love the scent and the lights during the holiday season. Stationary items are a good gift option as well, I don’t know any girl that doesn’t love to receive a notebook or pen.

8. What wonderful ideas for gifts! Need to check out Glossier products and I love receiving stationary items too.

These are wonderful suggestions. I especially like the idea of getting someone an online course for a hobby they enjoy or asking them to choose the course and pay for it. It’s an unusual gift and often not something people buy for themselves. The knowledge/skills one can get from something like that will last for years.

I hope you have a great week!

Thank you, Kathrin! I’m really glad you liked that gift idea. You’re right that what they learn from it will last for years!

10. Gemma says:

Such a nicely presented gift guide. Love the rose bath creme.

Gemma x

11. Kinga K says:

Cool gifts ideas❤

12. Wonderful suggestions Kara loving the NYX lipsticks.

I just love the idea of little homemade gift coupons, it is such a brilliant idea! Your selections here Kara are so good. Great post as usual lovely xx

14. Gabrielle says:

Ohhhhh yes I’m definitely here for the candles – they make such fabulous Christmas gifts! I also love your suggestion of gifting makeup; always a treat to open 🙂

aglassofice.com x

15. Len Parent says:

This is AWESOME, Kara. Thanks for sharing it! Lovely Blog Post!
    Have a great day!
    Much love, Len
    XO

This is such a great guide dear. And yes, The Body Shop has been my fave for years now. I just love their products.

17. Wow! I love your tips Kara! I like the idea of gifting someone with a course, because you can never be too old (or young) to learn something new! Another great post! Love it! 😊

Carina

Thank you so much, Carina! You’re 100% right that you are never too old or young to learn something new!

NYX lippies are so awesome- they make killer stocking stuffers, too!

19. Hayley says:

Gorgeous gift guide x

I love reading these and the bath & bodywork winter candle is divine – love we have BBW here in Dubai and I’m obsessed!

Hugs
    Hayley

Thank you, Hayley! That candle is the best and that’s great that they have a Bath & Body Works there! x

20. amely rose says:

Thank you for these lovely gift ideas 🙂
    this sounds amazing.

Loving these affordable Christmas gift ideas! have a lovely Thursday!

I love the out of the box ideas here, the StackSkills and new blog themes ideas are great. I will have to check out that StackSkills site. And Glossier yes! You know they now have a store in NY. Have not been there yet but can’t wait to! I was in the Birch Box store last night and they were having a %60 off everything in the store sale and so needless to say I picked up an item or two lol.

Thank you, Allie! I haven’t visited the store in NY yet but I want to. And that’s a great sale!

23. Hannah says:

What a great gift guide! I’ve put some things from Glossier on my Christmas wish list, as their stuff seems so good xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

Thank you, Hannah! Glossier has some really good products, although there are a few that I don’t love as much. But you just have to find which ones work best for you x

24. Hannah says:

25. E says:

As I always tell you, THAAAANKS for this kind of posts. I am a bit lazy and bad with Christmas gits and I am always looking for some inspiration hehe
    Kisses,
    E.

26. Susie says:

I realllyyy needed this post! Thank you!! I am running out of ideas fast! I forgot about the body shop! I should go there!

findyourownhope.blogspot.com

27. Naya says:

I am really into everything mentioned above! I need a pair of those glasses and yes to Glossier sets (their blushes are incredible by the way). I always buy Ban.do planners – they are actually my favourite. Great job here, Kara! xx

Naya
    partyparrotblog.com

Thank you, Naya! I’ve only ever tried one of Glossier’s blushes but they are really good! xx

28. Ruth Josey says:

These are great suggestions! I will give a personal testimonial for one of the Burt’s Bees products – their tinted lip balm. I love that I can add some color to my lips while softening them. I use the Red Dahlia. Lots of the balms feel waxy and/or they just don’t last. The Burt’s Bees doesn’t feel waxy and it’s pretty long-lasting for a balm. I love the idea of the computer screen glasses. We have a gift exchange and we’re supposed to buy gender-neutral gifts (do you know how hard that is?). I think the glasses would be perfect (if I can find them in time). And I LOVE the idea of giving education – what a great gift that would be! Shared x3.

Thank you, Ruth! I’ve never tried their tinted lip balms before but I’ll be giving Red Dahlia a try now! And buying a gender-neutral gift can be very hard. I hope you found the perfect gift in time! xx