Changes I’m Making For The New Year

12/19/2018

Although Christmas is right around the corner, so is the new year and with that comes new opportunities and making changes. Over the years I’ve realized that if you want to make a change in your life there is no need to wait for a certain time to do it. But that doesn’t mean that there is anything wrong with being inspired by the start of the new year to reflect and make changes. So to hopefully help inspire you, I thought I would share some changes I’m making for the new year!

Focus On Sleep

I’ve actually been getting better recently at sticking to a sleep schedule, and that is something I want to continue in 2019. Sleep is very important and I’ve learned that without enough of it I’m just not a functioning human. So for the new year, I want to continue going to bed before 11 and to make sure I get as close to 8 hours of sleep as I can.

Create A Night Time Routine

To go along with focusing on sleep, I want to create a night time routine that I do every night. I realized that I have one for the morning and that having one for the night is probably a good idea too. This will include my skincare routine that I already do, as well as adding in drinking tea every night, treating myself to a bath a few times a week, and anything else that helps calm me.

Being Smarter With How I Use My Phone

Recently I’ve been paying attention to how long I’m on my phone, and I was shocked to see how much of that was just me endlessly scrolling with no reason or goal in mind. For 2019 I don’t necessarily want to cut down the amount of time I spend on my phone. I want to be smarter with how I’m using it and prioritize my time on it better.

Challenging Myself More

As much as I do love change, I also am someone who loves her comfort zone. For the new year, I want to challenge myself more. This could be anything from trying something new to changing up how I already do something. I already have a few things planned for 2019, and I’m excited to push myself and see what I can accomplish!

Talk More On Instagram Stories

My first challenge for myself is to talk more on Instagram stories! I actually don’t find it too nerve-wracking to talk on there. The problem I usually have is that I don’t think I have anything interesting to share. But I try to remind myself that my favorite stories to watch are ones from people who just share their day to day life. So for 2019, I want to talk on there at least once a week. And now that I have a new phone that won’t close the app every time I try to make a story, I really don’t have any excuse not to.

And those are the changes I plan to make in 2019! I’ll be including some of my goals for 2019 in my round-up post at the end of the month, but I’d love to know what changes you plan to make for the new year. Remember that you can accomplish anything, all you have to do is try!

WEARING

American Eagle Pinafore Dress (similar) | Uniqlo HeatTech Turtleneck | H&M Coat (similar) | Target Scarf (similar)

32 responses to “Changes I’m Making For The New Year”

1. Patricia says:

These are great goals! I’m a creature of habit and routines keep me sane. I do however fear going out of my comfort zone most times. I definitely think I should work on that!

YAY for 2019 resolutions! Less phone time is always a plus – I find it just makes me feel better. Talking on Instagram stories does feel so awkward, but we can do it! Love these xx

I would love to start doing instagram stories. I’ve done a few, but man, they scare me! haha Great challenges for yourself!

Great changes here lovely! I am with you about getting to bed before 11 pm, we really need a decent nights sleep to function properly! I agree about being on our phones too much, they are a definite temptation! I look forward to seeing you on Instagram stories next year! xx

I love these dream snow photos! I’m sure you will accomplish your 2019 goals.
    Happy Holidays!

These sound like wonderful goals for the new year. Focusing on sleep is especially important and something that is so easy to start neglecting around the holidays.

Also, I love your photos. The large trees look magical with a blanket of snow on the ground.

I hope you are able to make all these changes. Good luck 🙂

7. Lisa Autumn says:

Beautiful post babe!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

8. Elisa says:

The night routine is something I want to work on too!
    Nice list!
    xx Elisa
    DIY & LIFESTYLE BLOG

9. Babita says:

It’s no secret how we spend most of the times on our phones! Anyway, I love the points you have talked about! Especially having a time fixed for bed makes us enable to schedule our next day good!
    Love your pictures and how you have edited it Kara!

Xoxo Babita

10. I love all these changes you are focusing on for the near year. This cozy chic look is wonderful on you! Merry Christmas Kara!

These are such good goals to have – especially the sleep one, sleep is so important! 🙂 I’d love to have a more predictable night time routine too, something I could work on for next year as the boys definitely won’t let me get more sleep, haha! it’s hard when you have little ones.

I like your cosy winter outfit too, the beanie is cute and a nice touch of colour 🙂

Hope that you are having a nice weekend! I finished Christmas food shopping yesterday and all the gifts are bought so now we are just relaxing until the big day 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

Thank you so much, Mica! I hope you get to work on your night routine this year, although kids definitely can make that harder haha xx

12. Brandy says:

Seeing as I suffer from insomnia, sleeping is always a struggle of mine. It’s definitely something that I hope to improve in the oncoming year ahead.

I enjoyed your post. <3

13. gabi says:

These goals are really good –And I love your photos, so snowy and dreamy!
    xGabi | https://gabiwahl.com

14. lorena says:

Dear Kara, thank you for your comment on my blog.
    Oh, resolutions… I have to be honest and say i never adhere to mine so i stopped making them.
    Lovely backdrop for these pictures.
    Happy Holidays and I hope all you listed, you accomplish.
    Hugs

I would love to sleep more and I have a good sleep routine but my body does not listen. I have suffered from chronic insomnia my whole life. It runs in my family and is liked to hormones. Luckily I am not a big phone person. It is means to an end. Some times on the weekends I don’t turn it on at lol.