Christmas Outfit Ideas

12/13/2018

With this time of year comes lots of family gatherings, parties, and Christmas day itself. One of my personal favorite things about this time of year is the different outfits you get to wear. But that can also get stressful when you feel like you have nothing to wear. You don’t need to go out and spend money on a new outfit for the holidays unless you want to. So to help, I put together 6 different Christmas outfit ideas that aren’t too over the top, to give you inspiration and that you can create with items already in your wardrobe!

Midi Skirt And Sweater

Midi skirts are a huge love of mine because it gives you the comfort of wearing a skirt but you don’t have to worry about it flying up. Which makes it perfect for Christmas time since there is a lot of moving around and completing different tasks. The sweater keeps you warm and comfortable while the skirt is a bit more dressy. You can go for more festive colors if you want, but neutrals with a pop of red are great too!

SKIRT: Target | SWEATER: H&M | OXFORDS: Clarks | PURSE: Nine West

Sweater Dress

A sweater dress has now become my go-to for holidays. I wore this one on Thanksgiving and it was perfect because it looks put together but it was so comfortable to wear. Plus it gives you plenty of room to eat a lot of food, which is always a bonus!

SWEATER DRESS: Uniqlo | SOCKS: Target | OXFORDS: DSW

Sweater Layered Over A Dress

Dresses are great for the holiday season, but as someone who loves comfort, a current favorite of mine is layering a sweater over top. It’s a great way to take a dress you’ve worn a lot and make it look like a skirt, while still staying warm in the cold weather. It may take a few tries to find the perfect sweater that looks great layered over top, but once you find it you’ll probably have to stop yourself from layering it over every dress you own (speaking from personal experience).

POLKA DOT DRESS: Monki | NAVY SWEATER: H&M | OXFORDS: DSW

Blazer And Jeans

Jeans might not be the most “appropriate” thing for some holiday settings, but just throw on a blazer and you’re good to go! This outfit is really simple with a pair of jeans, black turtleneck, and a belt, but the blazer makes it look like you put more effort in than you actually did.

BLAZER: H&M (similar) | BLACK TURTLENECK: ASOS (similar) | JEANS: ASOS | BELT: Uniqlo | MULES: Franco Sarto

Pinafore Dress

Pinafore / overall dresses are a wardrobe favorite of mine because the top you layer underneath determines the overall vibe of the outfit. I went with a red turtleneck, but you could layer any blouse, bodysuit, or sweater underneath.

NAVY PINAFORE DRESS: American Eagle (similar) | RED TURTLENECK: Gap (similar) | OXFORDS: Clarks

Cardigan And Trousers

If jeans, skirts, and dresses aren’t your thing, then wear some trousers this holiday season! They are a great dressier option than jeans but are still really comfortable. And you can’t go wrong with wearing a cozy cardigan.

CARDIGAN: Uniqlo | GRID TROUSERS: Monki | BLACK TURTLENECK: ASOS (similar) | OXFORDS: Clark’s

And those are some outfit ideas for the Christmas time! Any of these outfits you can make your own by changing the colors, shoes, or accessories, so have a look through your closest to see what you can wear. I hope this gives you inspiration and have fun picking out an outfit for this Christmas season!

21 responses to “Christmas Outfit Ideas”

You look so amazing in each and every one of these outfits Kara! I love the sweater dress on you as it does look so put together, yet so comfy! Comfort at Christmas is a must for me! I wish you a wonderful Christmas lovely xx

These are such great and cosy outfit ideas! 🙂 It’s easy for us here, I just throw on a maxi dress for Christmas parties, or even on the day itself, haha!

I actually went and bought a new dress just for Christmas this year, first time in a long time, and I am so excited to wear it! 🙂

Hope that your week is going well 🙂 I had my last day at work yesterday so the Christmas holidays have officially begun here, yey!

Away From The Blue Blog

3. Lorna says:

I would love to wear a skirt out right now but it’s so cold! Love the plaid blazer!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

4. These outfits are so cute, I love the sweater dress

5. Jenifer says:

Such a good post! Your holiday outfits are so cute and festive. I love the pinafore!
    xx Jenifer

I love all these ideas. Many of these are actually go-to outfits for me and you styled them so beautifully. I recently got an overall dress and have been puzzling over how I want to wear it. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

My favorite is definitely a cute sweater dress. Not much thought goes into it and looks so great. Plus, you can really accessorize it!
    Happy Holidays!

These are all such and approachable looks for the holiday season. A sweater over a dress is a great idea! And if is really cold you could even add trousers. I am also a big fan of midi skirts, they are in fact my favorite style of skirt.

9. These are all fabulous looks! My faves are the sweater dress and blazer and jeans.

10. Kasie says:

These are such fabulous holiday options! I adore that plaid blazer…SO CHIC!

11. These are such great outfit ideas! I love the idea of adding red and nice warm tones. You have such a great sense of style Merry Christmas 🎄

12. Hannah says:

I’ve been loving a Pinafore dress recently, think they’re so easy to put together and always look so cute! Love how you’ve styled yours xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

13. E says:

Just LOVE how you style every single piece! My fav is the sweater dress one, I definitelly need one in my wardrobe. This season is just amazing to create beautiful looks like yours.
    Kisses,
    E.

14. You look pretty in all these looks! Always love adding a pop of red this time of year!

xo, Jennifer

15. Babita says:

Love how pretty you look in all of these outfits! I have shared two looks too!
    Love that plaid blazer on you!

Xoxo Babita

Such a lovely and cozy look dear! Love the blazer and jeans combo, that looks super chic.

17. You look beautiful in all of these outfits Kara!!!

You are planning on looking so chic Christmas Day! Seriously love the variations. I need to get into midi skirts! Yours is such a great way to be comfy, but look beautiful! xx

Such great Christmas outfit ideas! Love your red bag!

20. Gabrielle says:

Oh yes, sweaters will always get the thumbs up from me throughout the festive food – if only to make indulging in a mass of food more comfortable, haha! Love the midi skirt and sweater combo on you 🙂

aglassofice.com x

21. Susie says:

I love picking out festive outfits with little pops of green and red 🙂 I love your checked pants! They are so adorable!! Even though I can’t dress warm like you for christmas still love these looks <3

findyourownhope.blogspot.com