Tips For Dealing With Holiday Stress

12/05/2018

The holidays are in full swing now that it is December and although it can be the happiest of times, there also is stress that comes along with it. With the fast pace and having to get everything on your list done, it’s very easy to get overwhelmed and lost in it all. To help, here are some tips for dealing with that holiday stress and making it the best month yet!

DO WHAT YOU WANT, NOT WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING

Everyone celebrates the holidays differently. Do what makes you happy and ignore what everyone else is doing. If you like decorating your whole house from top to bottom, then do it! If you prefer not having a tree, then don’t get one.

FOCUS ON WHAT IS IMPORTANT

The most important part of the holidays is to have a good time with people you love and to be happy. Everything else isn’t as important, so don’t spend too much time worrying or stressing over it.

Nothing will ever go perfectly, but you can still make the best out of any situation.

UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAIL LISTS

All the sales at this time of year are great, but it can get overwhelming and just add on to the stress. If you find looking at your email to be stressing you out, unsubscribe from a few store’s email lists. Chances are you’re not going to buy something from every store, so stay subscribed to the ones you will be doing your gift shopping at and say goodbye to the ones you won’t.

MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF

It’s very important to check in with yourself and how you’re feeling. Between all the decorating, gift buying, and preparing, take time for yourself. Do something that relaxes you and don’t just do it once. Set aside time each week to just simply no much of nothing.

UNPLUG

Take some time when you’re busy this holiday season to unplug from being online. With so much going on there is nothing wrong with skipping posting on Instagram or Twitter for a day. So whether this is only for a few hours a day or for a whole day, do what’s best for you.

I hope these tips help and just remember to enjoy yourself this holiday season!

WEARING:

Uniqlo Dress | H&M Coat | EuroSoft Oxfords | EyeBuyDirect Glasses

48 responses to “Tips For Dealing With Holiday Stress”

1. Kasie says:

These are all such great tips, Kara and things we don’t necessarily immediately think of when considering holiday stress. Unsubscribing from e-mail lists is my absolute favorite tip. I have been bombarded with holiday offers lately and just want them all to disappear!

Thank you, Kasie! The emails during the holiday time are the worst! I unsubscribed from so many in the month of December.

2. Diana says:

This is by far the best post about dealing with stress that I’ve read. I’ve never thought of just simply unsubscribing from email lists because honestly that’s where a lot of stress and pressures to constantly buy stuff comes from! Thank you for sharing, Kara!
    Diana | http://cettedame.com

Thank you so much, Diana! I’m so glad this was helpful. It’s insane how much stress getting lots of emails from different stores and brands can be, but getting rid of them feels so good. I hope you had a great, stress-free holiday time!

3. These are great! Unplugging is key I think. Love your coat!

4. Len Parent says:

You look amazing doll. Great styling as always!
    Have a great day!
    Much love, Len
    XO

5. You always have the best tips/advice! I definitely needed to read this at this moment, so thank you! You look so cute in your pictures by the way! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! ♥

PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

Say hello and let’s follow each other <3
    instagram.com/iamperlita

These are great tips Kara. I will definitely be unplugging for a little while over Christmas and unsubscribing from email lists too, as it can get so overwhelming to see a very full inbox! Thanks for sharing these tips lovely xx

I’m so glad you found the tips helpful! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas time Janet! xx

Holiday stress can be so real! I’m not feeling the pressure too much this year, but it can get out of hand. I need to unsubscribe from email lists though…I wind up spending too much money just because things are on sale! Excellent tip, Kara. Also loving your glasses, gorgeous!

That’s great that you didn’t feel the pressure this year! And yes! I end up spending too much too just because everything is on sale. Thank you, Quinn! xx

I totally agree on this that some me-time is very important during this hectic season. A lot of stuff need to be organized – so relax, have a bath and pamper yourself a bit. We all want to start the New Year fully energized.

9. Lorna says:

I love the do what you want part and don’t conform to everything else! I think that’s so important! This time of year can be so stressful!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

The holidays can be really stressful- I love your tips for keeping it all balanced!

Such great ideas for dealing with the stress of the holidays! Hope you’re having a great Thursday!

I love the little touches of red in your outfit – your bag is such a nice accessory! 🙂

These are good tips too – I get all the stress of Christmas shopping out of the way before December so that in December we can relax and enjoy the season – we have so many fun things planned for the next couple of weeks! 🙂

Hope that you are having a good week! I had a night out with friends last night which was a lot of fun and a much needed break! 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog | Handbag Gift Guide

Thank you, Mica! That’s a really smart idea to do all of your gift shopping before the month begins. I need to get better at doing that xx

Thanks for the great tips. Holidays can be a really stressful and busy time. It can be so easy to get caught up in the bustle.

You’re right that we need to focus on what’s important and try to prevent everything else from dominating out lives. I hope you enjoy your holidays.

Thank you, Kathrin! It really is easy to get caught up in it all. I hope you had a good, stress-free holiday time! x

14. I need to unsubscribe to some email lists I get so much junk mail

15. Asha says:

Love these tips. And such a great outfit!

Asha xo Age of Youth

16. Loving these Tips darling, thank you for sharing!

17. Gemma says:

Great tips! Thanks so much for sharing them. Love your outfit too with the pops of red! Gorgeous!

Gemma x

18. Dominique says:

Great tips hun! This time of year can be super stressful, so will definitely be taking a few of these onboard this year xx

Great tips. The holidays should be enjoyed not a source of stress. And I hear you about email lists. And that red bag is super cute.

Sometimes we forget what the holidays are all about… less stress, more joy 🙂
    Love your sweater dress!

21. These pictures are amazing! Really great tips!

This is such a fantastic read dear, and I couldn’t agree more with you, especially on “focusing on what is important”. Indeed, we tend to overthink a lot of things, forgetting the things that matters most in our lives. Anyway, loving your cute and cozy look!

23. Kelsey Bang says:

these are great tips! thanks for sharing! happy holidays!
    kelseybang.com

24. E says:

I think that one of the biggest problem is that we just think that everything has to be perfect during special Christmas event and we don’t enjoy every sigle moment, it doesn’t matter if it is big or small.
    Thanks for these tips, honey.
    Kisses,