Tips For Buying Glasses Online + My Glasses Collection

12/17/2018

If you’ve been following me on Instagram you’ll have seen by now my many pairs of glasses. Those have all been non-prescription or digital screen protection glasses, and it wasn’t until I went to the eye doctor recently that I discovered that I do need glasses. This got me thinking how if I hadn’t bought glasses before I would have no idea where to start with buying them online. So if you’re in the market for some new glasses or want some to wear for the computer or just for fun, here are some tips for buying glasses online + a look at my glasses collection!

TIPS FOR BUYING GLASSES ONLINE

Upload Photo Feature

When buying glasses online you want to make sure that the brand you’re buying them from lets you upload a photo of yourself. This way you can easily see what the glasses will look like on you. This feature has helped me more times than I can count since I’ll often see a frame that I think looks good, but once I see it on my face I realize it doesn’t suit me. Now it won’t look exactly how they will look on you in real life. But it’s the closest you can get to being able to “try them on”.

Frames + Lenses

When you see the price online for glasses, most times that is just for the frames. You will have to add on the price of the lenses you get, so keep that in mind!

Know What You Like, But Try Every Style

Since there are usually so many frames to scroll through, it’s helpful to know what you like and don’t like before you start looking. If having the clear nose piece on glasses bothers you, then you can pass over frames that have them. You can do the same with color and frame thickness too. But don’t let that stop you from looking at a variety of different styles! You’ll be surprised at what you might actually like once you see it on the photo of you.

Return Policy

This is possibly the most important part of buying glasses online. Since you are getting the glasses made just for you but you can’t try them on in person, it’s important to check a company’s return policy. A lot of places give you a week or two to see if you like them, but make sure that if you don’t you can return them for a full refund.

MY GLASSES COLLECTION

Now there are a lot of different places where you can buy glasses online, and I encourage you to have fun and do your research before picking a place. For me, my favorite place that I buy glasses online is EyeBuyDirect! I’ve bought all of my glasses from there after finding them on Instagram, and I’ve been so happy with every pair. They have a wide a variety of prices and styles for their frames + they have the upload photo feature. And the best thing is their return policy! They let you return your glasses no questions asked within 14 days of getting them.

I have quite a few frames from them, but I decided to share my favorite 5 pairs. Three are prescription and two are not.

Primrose Frames in Gray Clear.

Primrose Frames in Tortoise.

Chilling Frames in Black.

Carnival Frames in Matte Red.

Anywhere Frames In Dark Tortoise.

And those are my tips for buying glasses online + my glasses collection! I hope this helps and happy glasses shopping!

14 responses to “Tips For Buying Glasses Online + My Glasses Collection”

Great tips here Kara for buying glasses! You really suit all of your glasses. I had never thought of buying glasses online before! I love the idea of buying online as you can take your time and not feel pressured into a pair that you won’t end up liking. Your sweater looks so warm and cozy! xx

2. Babita says:

Kara you look so darn cute with that glass and yellow knit! You have huge stock of glasses girl!

Xoxo Babita

3. Kinga K says:

Cool glasses <3

4. Your look amazing! I need to get a new pair soon so thanks for these tips.

5. Gemma says:

Great tips! I really love your red glasses!

Gemma x

You look so cute in all these frames- I love the try-at-home option!

7. Hannah says:

I need glasses for seeing distances, or driving at night, but I only have one pair. I’ve been meaning to go back to Boots, to try and get another pair, as I had no clue you could buy online! All of your glasses look great and suit you so much!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

Wow you do have a lot glasses. My eye site is getting so bad. But b/c of mild TMJ wearing glasses is uncomfortable so I don’t wear them a lot. But I do need them for reading. This site sounds great. And nice to do online though I like going in person too.

9. Sounds fantastic. Great tips dear! Thanks for sharing.

10. Carolyn says:

love those cute red frames of yours!

All your frames are lovely and look great on you. Thanks for the great tips. Reading the one about how the prices are only for the frame without the lenses made me remember that I was surprised by that (not in a good way) when I bought my first pair of glasses.

12. Great tips Kara and you have a wonderful selection of glasses!

You really have the cutest glasses dear!