December Round Up 2018 + OOTD

01/02/2019

2018 has come to an end and to be honest I am so excited for 2019! This past year was filled with many ups and downs, and it really pushed me emotionally as a person. I’m forever grateful for what I’ve learned this year, and it was lovely to end the year with my favorite holiday. So here is a round-up of December which includes the song I won’t stop listening to this new year, a winter outfit, and more + some of my goals for 2019!

On The Blog

A lot of holiday-themed blog posts went up this month, with a few lifestyle + blogging tips posts in between:

Minimal Christmas Decor Ideas

Tips For Dealing With Holiday Stress

Christmas Gift Ideas Under $50

Christmas Outfit Ideas (they all are great for the winter time too!)

Tips For Buying Glasses Online + My Glasses Collection

Changes I’m Making For The New Year

Things To Do To Get Your Blog Ready For The New Year

What I’ve Learned This Month

What I’ve Loved

Instrumental Work Playlist

I’m someone who loves to listen to music when working, but I can’t listen to anything with words in it since it distracts me. This 2-hour playlist is filled with happy instrumental music that makes working more enjoyable.

Deep into the Wild by Honoraries

This is my new favorite feel-good song, and I can already tell I’ll be playing it all throughout 2019. The music is so uplifting and it gives me the feeling of running through a field on a cool spring day.

My Goals For The Year

I’ve never been one to set new year resolutions and instead, I like to set myself a few overall goals to work on during the year. Here are a few of them for 2019:

Be better at responding to comments and emails in a more timely fashion

For some reason, I am always pretty bad at remembering to respond to emails and comments on my blog and Instagram. I have no idea why since I love being able to interact with others, but it’s something I’m determined to kick this year.

Creating a working schedule

Since I work from home it can be hard to have set hours during the day to do work. Although having the freedom to work whenever wherever is the beauty of working from home, I want to have more structure this year.

Focus more on creating good quality content that I love, instead of numbers

This is something I’ve already started doing and I want to continue even more into the new year. It’s hard sometimes to not get caught up in the numbers of everything, but putting my focus on what I create helps.

Starting something new

I’ve had a few ideas in my head of things I’ve wanted to do, and this is the year where I’m putting at least one of them into action.

Be happy and content

There really is nothing I want more than to continue being happy and content in 2019.

OOTD

My hunt for the perfect jeans ended this month when I tried Zara’s mom jeans! They fit really well and I honestly haven’t stopped wearing the 2 pairs I got. This checked long coat was a sale purchase of mine from H&M last year and is perfect for slightly warmer winter days. And you might be able to tell that I treated myself to yet another pair of glasses! Since my other pairs tend to hurt my ears by the end of the day I decided to get a thin framed pair and so far it’s really helped.

Checked Coat (Similar one that I bought recently) | Jeans | Glasses

And that is a round-up of December! For the new year, I’d love to know if you’d prefer I continue with these round-up posts, or just do monthly what I’ve learned posts like I did here. I can also mix the two together, so let me know what you’d prefer!

I want to thank you so much for your support this year! Every blog read and comment means the world to me, and I’m so excited for what 2019 has in store. I have this feeling it’s going to be a good one.

40 responses to “December Round Up 2018 + OOTD”

1. Lyndi says:

Love that coat. Happy New Years!
    Hope you’re having a great start to 2019

Lyndi

2. Jenifer says:

This is such a cute post! Your photos are stunning!
    xx Jenifer

3. Chloe says:

Love that check coat! I share a lot of the same goals, especially the emails one, I’m terrible for that!

Chloe x

Thank you, Chloe! I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s terrible at responding to emails. Wishing you all the best with achieving your goals in 2019!

You are looking beyond chic, Kara! This style suits you so well. Especially the long-line coat. I must try that instrumental playlist! 2019 productivity needs to be in full swing for me 😉

Love your December round up and I can’t wait to see what you bring us in 2019!!

6. Ros says:

Happy new year! Love that coat and this round-up.
    All the best for the rest of the year!
    xo Ros | ZenHealth

7. Kasie says:

I’m right there with you and feeling SO EXCITED for all this year brings. I hope it is off to a wonderful start for you, Happy New Year!

8. Gabrielle says:

Good luck with your 2019 goals, particularly striving toward being more happy and content; that’s such a lovely ambition. Happy 2019 darling!!

ps. loooove the coat

aglassofice.com x

It sounds like it was a wonderful busy month. I hope that 2019 is a great year for you and that you accomplish all the goals you’re going for this year.

I think it’s especially wonderful that one of your top goals is to be happy and content. It’s actually one of mine too along with taking more time to relax.

Thank you so much, Kathrin! I hope the same for you in 2019, and wanting to take more time to relax is a great goal to have.

10. Jeanne says:

I love reading year-end roundups! I do goals instead of resolutions as well. Here’s to achieving them this 2019!

I love your monthly roundups Kara, but I also loved your, what I learned in December too, so maybe a mix of both! I definitely share your goal of having a more structured workday, I need to work on that too, being at home can be so distracting! Love these Mom jeans on you, they look so comfy! xx

Thank you so much for your feedback, Janet! Being at home definitely can get distracting. Wishing you all the best with your goals in 2019!

12. Hannah says:

I prefer setting goals too, and I hope you manage to achieve all of yours! I’m with you on needing to get better at replying to emails, I’m getting terrible at it haha xx

Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

Thank you, Hannah! I’m glad I’m not the only one haha. I hope you have a great 2019! x

Love that you’ve thought everything through and have set goals of what you want to achieve. I hope you accomplish them all!
    Have an amazing 2019!

14. Len Parent says:

Love the entire look. Great styling doll. Keep up the good work!
    Have a great weekend ahead!
    Much love, Len
    XO

15. Patricia says:

I really enjoy the round ups and “what I’ve learned” posts. Whatever you decide will be perfect! Keep up the good work and I’m confident you’ll reach all of your goals in this new year.

16. Corina says:

like your december roundup and I like that coat really. waiting for the new posts.
    xo Corina

I like this style of roundup so definitely keep doing it! Seems like you have some great resolutions for the year ahead too 🙂

Hope that the first week of 2019 is off to a great start for you and you are having a nice weekend 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

Such a chic roundup dear. Love the coat, so classic. Also, cute pop of color from the bag.

19. Happy new Year, dear Kara! I wish you a lot of love, happiness and success in achieving your goals. I really like your outfit, thank you for inspiration! But even more I like your post. I always enjoy reading your post. Thank you for sharing your goals for 2019. Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please subscribe on my YouTube channel and left comment & I’ll follow you back on your blog.
    Blog – http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en

20. Great way to round up the year Kara. Your coat is gorgeous hun!!