My Mindful Morning Routine

01/27/2019

My mornings have always been my me-time where I take things a bit slower and relax before the start of a busy day. Having that time in the morning to myself and to not rush is important for me because it helps set my day off in a positive way. While creating a night routine that works best for me is still a work in progress, I thought I would share a look at my morning routine + some ideas on mindful things you can add to your morning routine!

Time to Wake Up And Reflect

When I first wake up I like to give myself 10 minutes before getting out of bed. This is the time where I’ll do some meditation if I feel I need it. I also like to list a few things I’m grateful for since I find this helps me have more of a positive attitude for the day. And lastly, I’ll decide what main tasks I want to accomplish for the day ahead.

Go through Instagram for about 20 minutes

Going on social media right after waking up is not always the best choice and might not be good for everyone. But I find going through Instagram in the morning helps inspire and motivate me. I also prefer going on social media more times throughout the day for shorter amounts of times, than just doing it all at once.

Read for half an hour

I’ve found that I prefer reading in the mornings since at night I’m usually too tired most of the time. So I try to dedicate at least 30 minutes to just sit down and read. I don’t always have enough time every morning to do this, but it’s something I try to fit into my routine. And I make sure to not read in bed since that makes me want to fall back asleep.

Getting ready

After reading (which sometimes can be for a long time since I get sucked into the story), I go and get ready for the day. This is my me-time where I refresh and try not to rush most days. I shower with some music playing, then I do my makeup and get dressed which usually takes between 30-45 minutes. One thing I like to do when doing my makeup is watch a few videos since I don’t have time throughout the day to do so.

Things To Add To Your Morning Routine:

And that’s how I start my mornings! Not all of my mornings look like this, and to be honest there are plenty where I don’t have enough time to do anything but get ready and start my day. But these are just the little things I try to do in order to start my day with a positive attitude and have some me time. I’d love to know what your morning routine looks like!

19 responses to “My Mindful Morning Routine”

1. Ann says:

Love your pics and those are really great tips.
    But lately my insomnia has come back
    and I am asleep mostly on mornings.

Ann

2. Really awesome tips Kara, and loving your pictures as always darling! Have a wonderful week.

Your morning routine sounds so healthy and balanced! I have to admit, mine is running out the door 😉 As per usual, you’re inspiring me, Kara! Even if it’s just to leave myself an extra few moments xx

Your morning routine sounds like a wonderful way to start the day! I try to set my alarm a little early so I can have some time to myself to read the bible and try blog a little, but often the boys have kept me up a few times in the night so I just turn the alarm off and go back to sleep until they wake me up, haha! I’m trying to get better at waking up when my alarm goes off this year 🙂

Hope that you had a nice weekend 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

5. Samantha says:

Such a great post! Love all your ideas.
    ~Samantha

6. I love going through instagram while I drink my coffee in the morning

7. Emily says:

This routine is SO.GOOD. I think it can be easy to just get up and get going and not really spend time focusing on being intentional about life! Love this post girl – thanks for sharing!

-Emily | http://www.TheEmilyEdition.com

8. Thanks for sharing your routine! I wake up check my emails and then go through my devotionals and pray. I wake up early so it’s pretty quiet. I then work on the blog. It’s my favorite part of the day!

9. Lorna says:

I’ve never done reading in the morning, only if my day was completely free, I tend to do it at night.
    Raindrops of Sapphire

10. Missy May says:

Great routine here, Kara. I do some of the things you do too. I do most of my reading in the evening though. Unless I’m not working that day where I’ve time to relax and chill. 🙂

Do you work from home? Wow that is a leisurely morning routine. Not me when I get up I am out the door about 50 mins after I woke up. Though I have a 43 min train ride so this gives me time to wake up. I do IG then. And then have breakfast at the office.

That sounds like a wonderful morning routine. I know that staring your day right is a very important factor in determining how the rest of the day will go.

I used to wake up an hour earlier than I needed to read, meditate and exercise and it really made a positive difference, but nowadays I get up so early that I’ve given up on that. I’m pretty much showering, taking care of my skin and getting dressed before I head out the door. I’ll have to try to start implementing some of it back into my life in small doses 🙂

13. Glowyshoes says:

I’ve never been a morning kinda girl, so i basically get through it and go about my business…once i manage to get up, i become all bubly and lively.

Glowyshoe’s blog

Love your routine- and I totally spend about 10 minutes in bed before getting up! It helps me stretch + actually wake UP!

15. Hannah says:

I really need to get into a better morning routine, as I haaaate mornings. This post is super helpful, so thank you for sharing. I need to get better at tidying up straight away, as it is definitely much better xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

16. Wow, that sounds like a pretty fabulous moring. I have to wake up at 5 AM every morning, sometimes earlier and don’t have much time for leisurely reading. Although I do meditate and do yoga, then cycle for all about an hour 15 minutes. I agree with doing something that you love, that seems to be one concept a lot of people are still trying to grasp. Lovely post to read dear. <3 /Madison

17. Anna says:

Agreed! I like to make my mornings more chill too. I’ve taken to leaving home early so I can stroll to work and sit by a nearby bench in the park lol. Much better than running for the bus and arriving at work all sweaty!

Anna
    Annaxiu.blogspot.com

This is wonderful dear. Thanks for sharing your tips.