Things That Make Life Easier

01/09/2019

Life is one big ride of many highs and lows, and there isn’t anything we can do but learn to enjoy the ride. This is, like everything, always easier said than done. But if anything makes life easier than I am all for it. So to hopefully inspire you & give you some ideas, I thought I would share some things that make life easier, at least for me!

Reminders

I honestly would miss many tasks and appointments if it wasn’t for the reminder app on my phone. This is used for everything from reminding me to tweet throughout the day to when I should water my plants and much more. Find a system that keeps you organized and on top of everything, and continue to use it every day!

Getting Things Done Right Away

It is really easy to want to procrastinate. But there really is nothing that makes life easier than getting things done right away and not putting them off. It is hard to stop procrastinating and it’s something I still struggle with, but not having the stress of having to do so much at once because you put things off is worth it.

Having A Morning Routine

I’ve found having a (semi) structured morning routine has made starting my day a lot easier and quicker. In the morning I wake up at almost the same time every day and I give myself a few minutes to get used to being awake. I then go through a bit of Instagram and if I have extra time I’ll read a book. Once a half hour is up it’s straight into taking a shower and doing my makeup. This routine has made me more efficient in the morning, and overall my mood has improved since I don’t feel I am wasting away the day in bed.

Focusing on What You Do Have, and Not on what you don’t

In life, you can always get whatever you put your mind to and work hard for. But, if you can’t focus and be grateful for what you do have, no amount of having more will make you happy. The happiest people in life don’t have everything, but they are content with what they do have. So by not putting your focus on what you don’t have, it clears up your mind to focus on better things, which makes everything more enjoyable.

Taking Breaks Outside

Whether this is going out to walk my dog or walking in the city to take some outfit photos, being in fresh air always helps relax me. It’s a time where I try not to be on my phone, and to just be in the moment.

A Good Attitude

You can’t always control what happens in life, but you can control how you react to it. This is one of my favorite things I’ve ever heard because it shows just how much power you have on your own life. Everything’s easier when you choose what to focus your energy on, and what isn’t worth reacting negatively to.

And those are a few things that help make my life easier. I’d love to know one thing that makes your life easier!

17 responses to “Things That Make Life Easier”

1. Lorna says:

I think a massive help is having a routine in the morning, so you feel setup, and getting things done straight away helps too otherwise your mind gets so cluttered, like mine has since Christmas as things piled up lol.

Raindrops of Sapphire

2. Len Parent says:

You look so amazing. Love the look on you! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Much love, Len
    XO

3. Your sweater is so cozy, I love the colour

You’re just so lovely! I agree with all of this – especially a good morning routine. Mine is a bit more rushed, but I know that when I do slow it down…I feel better! Taking breaks outside is so refreshing. PS: Love that coat!

Love these tips! I really need to start a morning routine. It’s a madhouse, over here!

6. Kinga says:

Well said 🙂

7. Ann says:

Great tips!
    I love taking a break outside too.
    Love your outfit.

Ann

8. Thanks for the reminders Kara, loving your cardigan darling. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

These are really good tips Kara! A good attitude will definitely take you far! I totally agree with you to get things done straight away, rather than leaving them, I notice a big difference when I do this! I always love your posts! xx

10. Gabrielle says:

This post is filled with great tips babe, thank you! Getting things done straight away is brilliant advice and something i’ll definitely be sure to keep in mind in 2019 🙂 Have a fabulous weekend!

aglassofice.com x

11. Emily says:

These are such good tips! I especially love your point about having a positive attitude. Honestly, things could be going haywire, but if you have a good attitude about it, it’ll all work out! Loved reading your perspective, girly!

-Emily | http://www.TheEmilyEdition.com

12. I love your tips especially the one of getting things done right away. xx

Thank you for sharing and don’t miss my latest post about new revolutionary app BLOGGSY for Bloggers and Influencers LIKE ME AND YOU. Bloggsy is designed to allow us Bloggers and Influencers to increase our revenue making opportunities by providing a marketplace for us to promote 30 skills and services that we all should be sharing with each other. I would love to see you joining the Bloggsy crew. xx
    Much Love,
    Elegant Duchess xx
    |Elegant Duchess|

These are such good tips! Especially the one about getting outdoors, it’s a real mood booster taking the dog out for a walk each morning – although it’s sometimes to hot to do so in the middle of summer!

Hope that you are having a lovely weekend and your 2019 has been off to a great start 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

Thank for sharing these wonderful tips. Your photos are beautiful. I love your classic outfit.

I’m the same with reminders. I have so many of them on my phone and as post-it notes and I know I would forget so much if I didn’t. I also love the idea of having a morning routine although I’ve definitely let mine slip for a while now. But I was getting a lot more done when I kept up with it. Your post made me think that I should put more effort into reinstating it.

15. This is such a cute outfit! All the photos are amazing

Great read dear. Indeed, you can go a long way with the right attitude.

17. Hannah says:

I definitely needed to read this post haha, I’m the most unorganised person! Totally agree about reminders, I’ve recently started putting everything in the calendar in my phone and it has helped enormously xx

Hannah | luxuryblush