Winter Outfit Ideas

01/16/2019

Winter is in full swing and although I am craving warmer weather, it doesn’t look like it’s going to come anytime soon. With it being very cold most days, it can be hard to figure out what to wear besides jeans and a sweater (which to be honest is my go-to on most days and I love it!). So I thought I would share a few winter outfit ideas to give you some inspiration!

Statement Coat + Oversized Sweater

My go-to trick when wearing an oversized sweater and black pants or jeans is to add a statement coat. It helps take an outfit I’ve worn many times before and make it a bit different. This patterned coat is one I recently got on ASOS and I love the hint of red it has in it. A statement coat can be anything from a bolder color to a neutral pattern depending on what you prefer!

Midi Skirt + Oversized Turtleneck Sweater

Midi skirts have become my go-to skirt for the winter time because on sunnier days I can get away with not wearing tights. It also is perfect because you don’t have to worry about wearing it on windy days. One of my favorite ways of styling it is with an oversized sweater slightly tucked in at the front.

Sweater Dress

If I could only wear one dress during the winter months it would be a sweater dress. They are the perfect dress for keeping warm during winter. And it makes picking an outfit so easy since all you have to do is throw on a dress, add some accessories, and you’re good to go! I also love them because you can layer a sweater over top to make it look like a skirt.

Pinafore Dress + Sweater

Pinafore dresses are the one piece in my wardrobe that gets worn all year round. During the winter I love to pair it with a light sweater underneath and some tights. It’s the perfect casual but still a bit dressy outfit for colder days.

Neutral Coat + Turtleneck

Although patterned coats are great, the best coat to have in your wardrobe is, of course, a neutral coat. There’s just nothing easier than throwing on a gray or black coat and making an outfit look like you spent a lot of time on it. You don’t need to spend a lot on a coat, all that matters is that the quality is good and that it will keep you warm. I got this gray one from Pull & Bear on ASOS for under $50! And my go-to sweater for the winter is always a turtleneck since it’s like having a scarf built in. I love this one from Target because it’s not too tight on the neck.

And those are some outfit ideas for winter! I hope this gave you some inspiration, and remember to look at what is already in your wardrobe and come up with some new outfits. I’d love to know what your go-to winter outfit is!

47 responses to “Winter Outfit Ideas”

1. Omg! You are too, too cute! I love the first coat so much, but all of your outfits are on point! Enjoy the rest of your week! ♥

PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

You look great in all of these winter looks Kara! I love chunky sweaters and can’t wait to wear them again! Your coats are gorgeous too, I love the scarf with the sweater dress, it looks so good! xx

I love these winter outfits! So warm and cozy!

4. Patricia says:

Sweaters are my favorite clothing item and I love to wear them with everything. I love how you paired yours here and I’m going to copy the look with the midi skirt!

5. Maria says:

Great choices. My fave is your statement coat!

xo, Maria

6. You like lovely, the styling is cool.
    For me a big war m coat and scarf is my signature winter look.

new:

7. Love coats and scarves to elevate winter outfits.

8. Lorna says:

I love that boyfriend style coat, and the scarf, gorgeous!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

Ah yes very inspirational. I have many similar pieces in my wardrobe. I could do looks like these. And I love the print on the midi skirt. Very unique.

Jeans and a sweater was my go-to last year, but I think my new go-to became a faux leather skirt and a sweater this year.

These are all such wonderful outfit ideas for the winter. I especially the idea of wearing a pinafore dress with a sweater. I actually have a denim version that I got some time ago and haven’t yet figured out how to style so I’ll have to see if I have any suitable sweaters.

A leather skirt and sweater is a great outfit combination! And thank you, Kathrin! Pinafore dresses are easy to style once you find shirts that you like layered underneath.

11. Chloe says:

Great outfit inspo! Even though it’s mid-summer in Australia and absolutely boiling right now, I’m already thinking about my Winter wardrobe!

Chloe x

12. such an inspiring post! I love every outfits you wore! the gray tone suits you perfectly! and.. how cozy they are!! x
    have a lovely weekend!

13. These are all wonderful winter looks! My favorites are the statement coat and sweater dress. Both keep you warm and looking so chic!

Thank you so much, Kathrine! Staying warm but still looking good is my go-to for winter outfits x

14. Hannah says:

I always struggle with knowing what to wear in the Winter so this is so helpful! I’ve been meaning to buy a jumper dress for so long, and I love how you’ve styled yours xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

15. Gabi says:

I love this post! You look super chic hun.
    xGabi | https://gabiwahl.com

You do winter style so well! I love the red dress and big blanket scarf – while I wear more jeans than dresses in winter, I do love layering up a cosy dress with a big scarf! 🙂

Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend 🙂 Our summer heatwave is continuing, today will be a quiet day in the aircon I think! No layering going on here, haha!

Away From The Blue Blog

Aw thank you, Mica! A cozy dress with a big scarf is a great choice. I hope you’re staying cool over there, and have a wonderful week ahead! x

17. Naya says:

Absolutely amazing collection of tips! Thanks a ton for the inspiration and hope you’re having a great day xx

Naya // nayatilly.com

18. Red and turquoise suit you so much◝(ᵔᵕᵔ)◜

Blog de la Licorne

19. All great outfit ideas Kara, looking gorgeous and here’s top a wonderful week ahead.

20. Samantha says:

SO many cute outfit ideas for winter!
    ~Samantha

Cute and cozy looks you have here dear! Loving the scarf!

22. Pra Voce says:

PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

23. roseline says:

I love this coat. the way you dress looks perfect.
    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on my blog & I’ll follow you back.