Book Recommendations #5

02/10/2019

It has been so long since my last book recommendations post! To be honest, with the busyness of the holidays and work, I just haven’t done too much reading these past 2 months. When I did have some free time I read a few new ones that I loved. So here are my book recommendations #5 with everything from suspense to home decor and more!

The Little Book Of House Plants and Other Greenery

If you are not very good at taking care of plants or want to add some to your space but don’t know where to start, then I highly recommend this book! I have had plants in my space now for over 2 years and there is still so much I have to learn. This book gives tips on taking care of plants in general, with everything from potting, tools, to tips and troubleshooting. And it shares tons of different houseplants with descriptions of them, what type of climate they need, watering and more. I really love how simple everything is exampled and all the photos of each plant.

Homebody By Joanna Gaines

If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know that I have a huge love for anything home decor. If I could design and style homes all day I would. So when I saw that Joanna Gaines had come out with a home decor book I knew I needed to get it. This was a Christmas gift and I still love flipping through it even though I have already read it. It is filled with different ideas for different parts of your home, with lots of photos + a guide to finding your home decor style.

Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica

I have read one of Mary Kubica’s other books before and really loved it, and this one did not disappoint. The book follows two different characters, a boy in a small town an hour outside the city and a girl who lives in Chicago. When the girl’s roommate disappears one day, she sets out to find out what happened and discovers she doesn’t really know much about her. Meanwhile, in the small town, the boy is instantly drawn to a new girl which takes him down a dangerous path. This is one of those books where at no point did I know what was going to happen. And the twist at the end is really good!

Our Little Lies by Sue Watson

No surprise that another suspense book is on this list. This story is about a woman who has a beautiful home, with a successful husband and three kids. But when her husband mentions a coworker’s name she is convinced that he is cheating on her. This sends her down a rabbit hole of figuring out what is going on and if she should be jealous or scared. It’s a really gripping read because the relationship with the husband is not what it seems. And even when you think you know it all, there are still many more surprises to come. I don’t want to spoil it but I highly recommend it!

And those are the books I’ve read recently that I highly recommend! Get yourself all cozy, and happy reading!

19 responses to “Book Recommendations #5”

1. Kinga K says:

I love plants topics 😉

2. Hannah says:

I’m terrible with plants, so I definitely need to get that book to try and actually keep a plant alive for longer than a few days haha xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

3. Sumreen says:

I would love to read the plant book!

4. Thanks for all these recommendations hun, I think like Hanna I would need the plants book as I am also terrible at looking after them.

I need to get back on the reading train! I’ve been making way too many excuses about being ‘too busy’ – no more. Definitely loving that suspenseful kick – going to try! xx

6. Margot says:

Theses two Novels look so good ! I definitely need to add thoses to my book list.
    And the gardener book looks amazing. I would love to have a book like this.
    Xx
    Margot

7. I need to get that book on houseplants. I love having them in my house!

Love these book recommendations! All sound so good! I hope you’re having a great day so far, Kara!

9. I have a garden and probably would love that plant book. I also love all things decor so I think that the book by Joanna Gaines might be an interesting one to peruse. I keep seeing and hearing about her and her husband, they really are doing a lot in that genre.

That photo at the end made me giggle! Thanks for sharing your tips! 🙂 I’m currently doing some work related reading but I can’t wait to be finished with it so that I can start doing more fun reading – I have a great selection of books I got for Christmas I want to read! 🙂

Hope that your week is off to a good start 🙂

Away From The Blue

This houseplant book is SO handy- I need it!

Oh these sound like excellent recommendations. It would be nice to discover a really good suspense novel, the last two I read I figured out the plot twist long before the end of the book (Gone Girl & In To The Woods) so I kind of gave up on them. I will have to give these two a looksie.

13. Missy May says:

Thank you, Kara for these recommendations. Sounds like good read. I haven’t fully dived into any reading this year. Learning for my driving theory.

Thanks for sharing these. It’s wonderful that you found so many books you enjoyed reading. These genres are the not ones I usually gravitate towards, but I might actually pick up the home decor book when I have some time to work on the decor of my home. It’s still a lot more bare than I would like it to be.\

I hope you have a great week.

15. Ann says:

Great and interesting books,
    I’d love to have HOMEBODY BY JOANNA GAINES.
    Thanks for sharing.

Ann

16. Gemma says:

Such great recommendations! I really love the look of the house plants book.

Gemma x

17. Elisa says:

All these books sound so interesting, thank you for sharing!
    xx Elisa
    DIY & LIFESTYLE BLOG

You make me want to read all those books! I think I would go for our little lies, it sounds very interesting.

Seems like good picks dear, thanks for the recommendations!