My Favorite Ways To De-stress

03/17/2019

Life can get very busy and stressful, and it’s easy to forget to take some time to look after ourselves. I know for me personally, life recently has been a bit crazy (all good though), and I haven’t been prioritizing time to de-stress and just relax. If you’ve been feeling the same way recently, I thought I would share some of my favorite ways to de-stress + relax!

Clean + Organize Your Space

Now, this may sound a bit weird since cleaning isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of relaxing. But it honestly can make a big difference! The environment that you are in plays a big part in your mood. I find taking time to clean and organize my space helps keep me less stressed throughout the week. And it’s a great way to take your mind off of anything that is stressing you out!

Take A Bath

There’s nothing better than taking a relaxing bath after a long day. So, if you haven’t treated yourself to one in a while, do just that! Light some candles, use some Epsom salts and relax for a bit.

Go For A Walk

Fresh air and sunshine can do wonders for the soul. If you have time during your day take a mini walk for 20 minutes. It gets the body moving, which your mind will appreciate. If you don’t have time during the week to go for a walk, plan a mini hiking day trip during the weekend with some friends or family!

Read A Book + Watch A Movie

One of my favorite ways to take my mind off of things is to get lost in a good book. Spend an hour at the end of the day reading a book you’ve always wanted to read. And if books aren’t really your thing, a good movie is a great choice too. If you need any book recommendations, you can click here to see my favorites!

Listen To Music

I’ve talked a lot on here about how much music can affect my mood, and listening to happy songs can really do wonders for changing your mood! Take some time to create a playlist of songs that help you relax or that make you feel good. This way, whether you’re cleaning your space or taking a bath, you have some music to listen to. You can click here to see my favorite feel-good songs, and here to see my favorite songs to listen to in the morning!

Watch ASMR

ASMR is not for everyone, but if you’ve never tried it before then I highly suggest you do! The easiest way to describe it is it’s a massage for your brain. Different kinds of ASMR work for different people, so have a browse of different videos on YouTube until you find what you like. I watch ASMR every night to help me fall asleep + whenever I’m a bit stressed, and it always helps relax me. My 2 favorite ASMRist’s are Gibi ASMR and FrivolousFox ASMR!

Browse For Inspiration

If I’m feeling a bit uninspired or overwhelmed from all that I need to do, I like to give myself a break to look for inspiration. I find it helps motivate me plus gives my mind a little break. Pinterest and Instagram are my two favorite places to do this.

Bake

Baking is always something I have found therapeutic. There’s just something so nice about following a recipe, measuring everything, and seeing the finished product. Plus, you get a yummy treat at the end!

I hope this gave you some ideas on ways you can de-stress, or at least served as a reminder to relax every once and a while! It’s all about finding what personally helps you de-stress.

29 responses to “My Favorite Ways To De-stress”

1. Bronwen says:

Oh my goodness! I agree with everything in this post. Especially about tidying. As much as I hate it, there is no better way to de-stress. B x

2. Eena says:

Love, love, love this! Taking a bath is my definite go-to when trying to de-stress. And napping! Who doesn’t love a good nap?!
    ☼ cabin twenty-four

3. Kinga K says:

I agree- taking a bath or walks are always good πŸ™‚

4. Corina says:

all of your ways to de-stress are very useful. Every person needs to try these ways.
    xo Corina

I am sure your adorable little pup is great for de-stressing too! Such a cutie. I can’t get into ASMR, but I’ve heard it works wonders for most people. I do love to zone out and bake though! Always so much fun xx

6. Samantha says:

So many great ideas! Love this post!
    ~Samantha

7. I do most of these things and they are great and helpful. I have never tried watching ASMR, maybe it’s time to try it.

8. Nina says:

These are great tips. I agree with you, reading a book,cleaning and organizing helps a lot. You puppy is adorable, Kara. Happy Monday dear.

Nina’s Style Blog

9. Missy May says:

These are things I do as well, except baking and watching ASMR. Baking is something my son and I wanna get into. He enjoys helping in the kitchen.

10. Listening to music and reading a book, going for a walk. Really can help get rid of stress. I love it honestly because you feel like you are cleansing the soul πŸ™‚
    Thanks for sharing this .

I’ve actually been really stressed out lately as well so this post came at a great time for me! Thanks for sharing the great tips!

I also like to clean when I’m stressed out. I find that it’s a great way to get rid of some of that nervous energy and feel like I’m being productive at the same time. And taking a walk is probably my favorite way to de-stress even if it’s a short one.

I hope you have a great week!

12. Ellese says:

These are all great suggestions on how to de-stress after a long day or week. I love reading and listening to music. Thanks for sharing. Xo, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

13. Gemma says:

These are all such great tips!

Gemma x

14. Lovely says:

I find Ironing helps me de-stress too, although I don’t look forward to it! All these tips are awesome Kara!

I’ve never heard of ASMR, it sounds very interesting! I love to try out new things, got to check out those videos on youtube.

16. I love all of these ways to unwind. Going for a walk always clears my head. Thanks for these great suggestions Kara!

17. Ivana Split says:

Reading and talking a walk are definitely great ways to destress. I also like to listen to music and I find that different music can help me relax, it’s not always the same, but I can’t image my life without music. ASMS is something I heard about, but I think I only watched two videos with it- both featuring Jeffrey Star. Funny guy.

18. jade bevan says:

oh my your dog is sooo cute!! i loved this post! very helpfull
    jadieegosh

Okayyyy, a girl after my own heart: I clean to relax, too! I always feel more in control and calm when my environment is clean + clutter-free.

Oh these are great tips. Especially organizing your space. It helps you to feel more in control.

21. Eva Redson says:

This article is super interesting and useful! πŸ™‚

If you want check out my latest article:
    TOP 4 WEARABLE FASHION TRENDS FOR S/S 2019
    —> https://www.evaredson.com/2019/03/top-4-wearable-trends-for-ss-2019.html

XX Eva

22. Kathryn says:

These are all such great tips. Personally, I find that different types of stress call for different things. Sometimes tidying up feels the best, and sometimes ignoring everything else to read is what is most helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Kathryn β€’ simplykk.com

23. Laura says:

These are all SUCH good methods but I’ve never heard of ASMR. I can’t wait to look it up – my brain could use a good “massage!”

Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

24. Jenifer says:

This is a great post, these tips are so helpful for de-stressing. Reading has always been super helpful for me. Thanks for sharing!
    xx Jenifer

25. Gemma Etc. says:

A pamper long hot bath does wonders whenever I want to destress xx

GemmaEtc.com

26. I Kara
    You can bet that cleaning is highly distressful, all organized is the best, when my room is a mess I can think about anything and I stay with bad humor.
    Long walks I also agree, I do it with my oncle’s dog, dogs are relaxing we laugh with them. Read a good book, but not a complicated book a simple one with inspirational sentences it helps a lot!!

marisasclosetblog.com

I love using almost all of these to de-stress! Great tips, Kara! I hope you’re having a lovely Thursday!

Cleaning and organizing can be really therapeutic indeed. Love this post dear, and you have the cutest pooch!

29. jenna says:

Great post – these are all excellent ways to de-stress. I think my favorite would definitely be to read a book for a good few hours. πŸ™‚ Always makes me more relaxed! Thanks for sharing!
    -Jenna β™₯