New Things To Try This Spring

03/11/2019

Spring is right around the corner and with the start of warmer weather and a new season, it can be the perfect time to try something new! Change can always be a bit scary, but I find that if you start with making smaller changes to your day to day life it really helps. I thought I would share some idea on new things you can try this spring!

A New Recipe: Cooking + Baking

The start of each new season is perfect for trying new recipes! This could be either cooking new meals or baking new treats to try. Pinterest is always my favorite place to get recipes, but recently I picked up Joanna Gaines’s cookbook and I’m so excited to use it. I usually like to make more fruit flavored desserts at this time of year, and lemon is my favorite. So have a browse on Pinterest and find some new foods to make! It can also be a great thing to do with friends and family too.

Get Active

The hardest part for most people during the winter months is being stuck indoors most of the time. So once it gets warmer where you are, go outside and get active! Although going for walks and runs are great, try something new. It can be something as simple as going on a hike you’ve never been on before, or trying something new altogether like tennis or rock climbing!

A New Way Of Editing Your Photos + Taking Photos

If you create content online or just for fun, trying a new editing style might be a good choice for you. I personally always crave change when it comes to how I edit my photos. So if you’ve been thinking about doing this for some time, give it a try! You could also experiment with how you take your photos. Try different poses, new outfit combinations, locations, or photograph something completely new. The good thing about this is if you don’t like it, you don’t have to post it. Sometimes it is just good to get your creativity flowing.

A New Hairstyle

One of the best feelings is getting your hair cut and the new season is a great time to do so! It can be as simple as getting a trim, trying a new style with some layers, or going bold with a shorter cut. If you dye your hair you can also give a new color a try.

Change Up Your Daily Routine

There are small changes you can make in your daily routine that can have a positive impact. Try getting to bed 30 minutes earlier and waking up 30 minutes earlier. Switch out a coffee of a cup for a cup of hot lemon water one day a week. Get a reusable water bottle and fill it up throughout the day to stay hydrated. We often can get stuck in doing the same things every day, so changing one thing can make all the difference!

And those are a few ideas for new things to try this spring! I hope warm weather comes your way soon, and I’d love to know one new thing you would like to try this season!

20 responses to “New Things To Try This Spring”

1. Patricia says:

It definitely has been herd being stuck inside all these months! I can’t wait to get back outside for walks or bike rides. I’m also craving a change for my hair but I’m a bit scared and don’t know what to do.

2. Samantha says:

Such a cute post! I’m VERY excited for spring!
    ~Samantha

3. Such an interesting post! I hope you will have a great spring!
    хх

4. Naya says:

These are all such fun tips! (Your dog is way too cute btw) <3 I am very much into the look of that lemon meringue pie – will you bake it? (insert heart eye emoji) Hope you're well xx

Naya
    nayatilly.com

There is something about a fresh color + chop that makes for an exciting new season! I’m going to my stylist in a few weeks and I’m pumped to go a brighter!

6. Filipa says:

Hey dear Kara! Oh, I’ve been loving to try new recipes so I’m totally with you on that one! The cookbook sounds lovely! New hairstyle, hun? Can’t wait to see it 😍 lovely post and photos. I always love to stop by, your blog is so beautiful 😘

Filipa
    Dissectingthelook.com

7. I like the idea of changing up my routine for Spring. Love these suggestions!

8. monika says:

Great tips <3 Regards:*

9. gabi says:

These are all super fun tips! Thank’s for sharing, darling!
    xGabi | http://gabiwahl.com

10. Ann says:

These are really cool and exciting tips.
    I’d love to be more active get a new hairstyle.
    This post made me realize that!

Ann

11. Hannah says:

Such a great post! I love Spring, and trying new things as a new season comes around is such a good idea! I’ve been meaning to start baking again for so long, and I really must do it, it’s great xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

These are wonderful things to try now that the days are becoming less gloomy. I especially love the idea of changing up your daily routine in small steps. I often try to make a big changes and it turns out to be too much so taking it in small doses is the perfect alternative.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend Kara.

13. Gemma says:

Such a great post! Thanks as always for all the inspo! Have a great day.

Gemma x

These are good tips! I smiled when I read the new hairstyle tip as I’m getting ready to donate my hair soon, so I’ll be following that piece of advice, haha!

Hope that your week is going well 🙂

Away From The Blue

15. Babita says:

Can’t wait to know what new recipe you try next! And I absolutely LOVED new hair style idea, seems like you just spoke my mind up here, girl! I have recently bought a pack of hair colour to try out something fun! can’t wait to do that and share! <3

I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Xoxo Babita

16. Dasynka says:

Doing some little changes every day can let everything easier to change.. even if change the hairstyle is always so difficult!
    xx Dasynka

17. Missy May says:

Yes to getting active. Definitely something my son and I are good at when the weather becomes friendly. Ha!! Baking is something I want to try with him. Few days ago he helped me make quesadilla and he loved the experience. 🙂

Awww, your pooch is sooo adorable dear! Also, yes to cooking and baking!

19. Lovely says:

Yes to change, I am getting a haircut and it will be shortest I have had my hair. Thanks for all the tips darling and have a fabulous weekend.