March Monthly RoundUp + What I’ve Learned

04/07/2019

The first week of April is over and it has been so nice to finally have some spring weather! March was a month filled with lots of ups and downs, and new beginnings. Here is a look at the month of March with everything from the songs I’m currently loving to what I have learned and more!

ON THE BLOG

This month was a bit slower on the blog due to being sick and starting something new, but there were still lots of blog posts that I loved creating!

My Favorite Inspirational Quotes #2: a perfect read if you need some inspiration.

New Things To Try This Spring: the new season is a great time to try something new!

Finding Your Personal Style

My Favorite Ways To De-stress

My Tips For Taking Outfit Photos: filled with tips on everything from finding the perfect location to posing + more!

Easy Ways To Get Ready For Spring

Exciting News: My Online Clothing Boutique!

WHAT I LOVED

MUSIC

It usually is really hard for me to find music that I really love. And when I do find a song that I love it’s more so because of the music itself and then the words. This past month I’ve actually found a lot of songs that I love and can’t stop listening to. The songs on my current playlist are Take My Hand by Secret Nation, Bad Guy by Billie Eilish, Hustle by P!nk, and Out Of Love by Alessia Cara.

PERSONAL

March has been such a rollercoaster of a month! I launched my own online clothing boutique, which it still hasn’t fully sunk in that I’m now a business owner. And right before that, I got really sick. The last time I got this sick was during my trip last summer, so it was a bit of a juggling act of working on my business while taking time to rest. I also want to say a huge thank you for all the love about this new chapter in my life!

What I’ve Learned This Month

Starting a business is hard, but worth it.

You can do anything you set your mind to.

You have to pick yourself back up. No one else can do this but you.

It’s important to spend as much time as you can outside. We weren’t meant to spend all day inside 4 walls.

You always should try to focus on the good, even when everything else is crumbling down.

Create a support system of people you love and trust. It’s important in life.

OOTD

The spring weather has been a bit all over the place recently, so that means it’s all about layers and never forgetting a raincoat. I’ve been adding more and more color to my wardrobe and this green raincoat is one of my favorite colors at the moment. It’s perfect for adding a little color to a neutral outfit. And you can’t go wrong with a good pair of high waisted jeans and striped sweater!

And that’s a roundup of March! I hope you have a great April and enjoy the warmer weather!

29 responses to “March Monthly RoundUp + What I’ve Learned”

I hope you’re feeling better, Kara! It’s so difficult balancing everything AND being sick – a good reminder to put self care on the top of your list for a few days. Starting a business is incredible and admirable (and congrats AGAIN!), but take it from me…definitely take some quality time for yourself. Also PS Billie Eilish is so good, right? I also find it hard to get into most music, but she is awesome! Have the best week, Kara!

Your spring outfit is so lovely! This green raincoat is a fantastic layering piece this season and the colour is one of my favourites.

3. You’ve had a terrific March! So happy for you on new boutique and loving this coat you are wearing. Hope April is as exciting!

March was so busy- congrats x1000 on the new boutique launch! I need to check it out! 🙂

5. Hi Kara
    Best part: your new business
    Worst part: being sick!
    To bad working on the thing we love the most and being sick, no way!!
    I Love colors so I love your raincoat.

marisasclosetblog.com

6. Emily says:

Oh my GOSH I’m so impressed that you launched your own clothing boutique! So, so amazing, girly! Also, I love your song choices and your cute outfit too!

-Emily | http://www.TheEmilyEdition.com

7. jade bevan says:

stunning post!

Jadieegosh

8. Marina W says:

Congrats on launching the boutique 🙂
    You are my new favrote site !

– Marina W

9. Eena says:

Your spring outfit is so adorable! I’m living for warmer days but oftentimes, it’s a little too warm! Congratulations again on launching your boutique, so proud and excited for you!

cabin twenty-four

10. Gabrielle says:

First of all, these are lovely photo of you babe! And secondly, congratulations on starting your own business with your mum; that’s such exciiiiiiting news and how lovely it must be to work closely with your mum 🙂 Hope you’re having a lovely week so far!

aglassofice.com x

11. Ivana Split says:

You look lovely. I really like this styling. The striped top is always a chic choice. Nice coat and jeans combo as well. Congrats once again on opening your business. I love what you said about how we can do it if we put our mind to it.
    My March has been a mix of good and bad but I’d say I learned a lot and that’s always good.

I am listening to Take My Hand by Secret Nation on YouTube as I type this : ] You did indeed have a very busy March. Ugh getting sick sucks, I got sick on my trip to Paris (from the plane) I am taking hand sanitizer next time.

And congratulations again on your new business!!

Allie Mackin

That green coat is lovely on you and I agree you can’t go wrong with stripes! 🙂

Sorry to hear you’ve been sick, glad you are feeling better! It was definitely a big month for you!

Hope your week is going well so far 🙂 The weekday wear linkup is live on my blog, I’d love you to join! 🙂

Away From The Blue

14. Itzel Najar says:

I hope your business is going well!!

thanks for sharing!!

Congratulations again on your boutique! It’s an amazing accomplishment!

It sounds like you had a busy but good month (except for getting sick) and I hope April has all the ups with non of the downs.

And your outfit is lovely. I love the combination of dark colors and stripes.

16. I love that you have an online boutique, so cool

17. Olga says:

Such a lovely outfit!That coat looks amazing:-)

18. Missy May says:

Great round up here Kara dear. You gave us some great post in March. Keep em coming. You look good! I love the comfort.

19. Ann says:

Those are a lot of great things you’ve learned.
    Nice round up and love your coat and stripe top.

Ann

20. Dorota says:

I think not staying all day in 4 walls is a little forgotten recently. At least I have this problem from time to time and I always feel so much better when spending time outdoors, especially in warm, spring sun. Also, I really like your coat, it has a very flattering shade.
    Dorota

I love this beautiful and classic look so much! This color of green looks amazing on you!

22. Gemma says:

Sounds like a full on month! Sorry to hear you got sick! Love your outfit here so much.

Gemma x

23. Nancy says:

Love the different topics you introduced last month! It is cool that you have your own online boutique. Oh man, I haven’t heard of P!nk in ages! I like the lessons you’ve learned. It is important that we pick ourselves back up after we fall. I love your outfit! Hope April will be a great month!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

24. Kinga says:

Very good recap ❤

25. Susie says:

I hope you are feeling better this month! Once again congrats on starting your business and yes I have been loving Billie’s new album <3

findyourownhope.blogspot.com

26. Margot says:

It’s so cool you launched your shop !
    Love what you wear here. I love the color of your coat.
    xx
    Margot

27. Lovely says:

So pleased for you on the launch of your new shop Kara, that green coat looks perfect on you!

Pretty and classic jacket you have there dear. Also, congrats on your boutique!