Spring Edit: Beauty, Fashion, + Lifestyle Favorites

04/22/2019

Spring is slowly becoming my favorite season and with every new season comes falling in love with new items and back in love with old ones. Here is my spring edit with my favorite skincare, makeup, fashion, and lifestyle favorites!

SKINCARE

Botanics Clay Face Mask

Face masks are something I go back and forth with using, but a few weeks ago I picked up this clay mask that I’ve really loved using. Although I wouldn’t say it has magically made my pores disappear, it does seem to make them less noticeable. And my face always feels extremely clean after using it. I use this 2 times a week at night.

Botanics Facial Oil With Rosehip

I’ve always been a bit skeptical on if facial oils really work. But after trying this one from Botanics I’m 100% in love with them! I use this one every night before bed and it works wonders at hydrating my skin + it hasn’t broken my skin out which is a plus.

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Mario Badescu is a skincare brand that I’ve wanted to try for ages, so this spring I finally did just that. Their enzyme gel cleanser is one of the best cleansers I have ever used. I use this every day in the mornings and it glides on my skin like a dream + the smell is really lovely.

Mario Badescu Exfoliating Scrub

One of the main staples in my skincare routine is always an exfoliant and this one from Mario Badescu has quickly become one of my favorites. I use this a few times a week on my t-zone area + chin, and it’s perfect at smoothing out my skin’s texture.

MAKEUP

Less Is More

Every time the warmer weather comes around I start to wear less and less face makeup. The past few months I’ve only been using the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer and it gives the right amount of coverage without feeling too heavy.

Warm Neutral Eyeshadow

I usually prefer more neutral to cool tone eyeshadow shades, but this spring I’ve been embracing more warm neutral shades. The eyeshadow palette I’ve been reaching for more and more is the Tartelette in Bloom palette by Tarte. It has a great mix of shimmery and matte neutral shades. My favorite shades from the palette are rocker, jetsetter, smarty pants, and leader.

Nude Peachy-Pink Lipstick

The everyday lipstick shade I have been wearing for spring has been any peachy-pink nude color. It is the perfect color that’s just a little bit bolder than my lip color. This one from Colourpop is my favorite, although they sadly don’t sell it anymore.

Warm Toned Reds

For bolder spring days or evenings warm toned reds are my color of choice. This one from Lily Lolo is all natural and it feels like you’re wearing chapstick.

FASHION

Midi dresses

Midi dresses have become the one type of dress I look for whenever I’m online shopping. There’s just something so nice about having the feeling of wearing a dress without having to worry too much about the wind. This polka dot one is from ASOS, and some of my other favorite ones in my closet are from Target.

Jumpsuits

Jumpsuits are something I only started wearing last spring + summer, and they are still a favorite of mine this year too! I love being able to throw one on with a top and have a complete outfit that I can move around comfortably in. This tied jumpsuit is from my online clothing boutique, and ASOS + Uniqlo are two of my other favorite places to shop for them!

Bandanas

Bandanas have become a staple in all of my outfits. I often have to stop myself from adding one to every outfit I wear. They are the perfect accessory to tie around your neck for an extra pop of color or detail.

Red Bandana | Rust Bandana

LIFESTYLE

Journaling

This is something I have only recently started doing, but I’ve started keeping a notebook of all my favorite quotes + words of advice that I find online, in movies, or anywhere in life. This way, whenever I need a little motivation or reminder, I have it all in one place.

Lots Of Time Outside

The sunshine that spring has brought has honestly done wonders to my mood. I find myself wanting to spend as much time as possible outside, so I’ve been doing just that! Three times a week I’ll go for a long walk around a lake near where I live, and the other days I spend as much time as I can outside. My goal is to explore new places around me and to soak up as much sunshine before it gets too hot.

MUSIC

A mini spring playlist of some of the songs I’m currently loving right now!

Prisoner – Jungleboi ft Molly Kate Kestner

Bad Guy – Billie Eilish

I Love You – Billie Eilish

Deep Into The Wild – Honoraries

Take My Hand – Secret Nation

Xanny – Billie Eilish

Shotgun – George Ezra

And that is my spring edit for this year! I would love to know what you’re loving this season!

36 responses to “Spring Edit: Beauty, Fashion, + Lifestyle Favorites”

1. Laura says:

I really want to try out some of the skincare and the eyeshadow palette they look amazing! Also your photos are insane, thanks for sharing lovely post – Laura 💗

2. Nina says:

I will definitely check out this clay mask, sounds great. And your hair looks amazing, Kara. Happy Monday. xx

Nina’s Style Blog

3. Joti says:

I love midi dresses!! Although I do find picking shoes difficult! Thanks for the roundup!

4. Carolyn says:

loving this comprehensive post! there’s really something in it for everyone <3

5. Ma says:

This post is beyond stunning, you look so chic.
    Can’t wait to read more from you 🙂

– Marina W

6. Gabrielle says:

A peachy-pink nude colour on the lips sounds good in my book for Spring! I love the colour you’re wearing here on your lips as well; such a flattering shade on you 🙂

aglassofice.com x

7. Thanks for sharing all your favorites! Love this midi dress and need to try that face oil. Bandanas are a cute accessory for Spring!

8. Missy May says:

Wow lots of favourites here Kara. I have been meaning to try botanical clay mask. Heard great things about it. I’ve been loving red lipsticks of late. I find it so sexy and it gives me a boost of confidence. Ha!!
    Hope you had a good Easter.

9. Patricia says:

Another inspiring post! Lots of time outside, especially biking in the forest preserve trails. I’m also obsessed with midi dresses and skirts. Cooking outside is another thing I look forward to doing more of this spring.

10. Lovely says:

The Tarte eyeshadow palette looks amazing Kara, will be checking it out!

11. Ivana Split says:

That first photo of you is so natural and perfect, you have such a beautiful complexion. I really liked reading about your beauty and fashion favourites. Midi dresses are my thing too! They are super practical and they can look so elegant. Journaling is something I plan to take up again. Spending time outside is something I’m already doing. I want to take advantage of spring.

I’ve heard so many things about the clay mask but I’ve never tried. Maybe I should really give it a try too. Your looks are all fabulous Kara!

13. I confess that I do not know the products of beauty and makeup you posted, but I liked the post 🙂

XoXo
    Helena Primeira

So many interesting spring favorites. I love that tarte palette. I also tend to wear less make-up in the spring/summer. Mainly a bright lip color.

15. Ann says:

Love Spring too.
    Thanks for sharing these beauty products
    and your Spring Dresses look so lovely.
    Love your pics.

Ann

This is such a great and detailed roundup, Kara! I have been looking for the right clay mask – I hear such wonderful things about the one you recommended. Midi dresses on repeat for sure (as I write this in my midi skirt!) – a nice way to bridge the cool mornings and warm days. Glad to hear spring has been good to you!

17. Loving all of your spring picks!!
    xx,
    -Lauren

18. Hi, Kara
    I am also very fan of facial masks, many brands have released their masks, I like to try various brands !!
    This spring I have organized my closet and papers for the blog. My playlists are always with old songs eheheh !!

marisasclosetblog.com

19. Laura says:

Ahhhh that Tarte palette is a must-have! So many pretty colors that are so wearable! So many perfect options!

Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

20. Sarah Winton says:

I just came across your blog and had to tell you how beautiful your photos are! I love them!

21. Natalia says:

Very nice post! I’m a huge spring lover and the music reccomendations you share, plus the fact that I also started journaling (and reaping its benefits) made me appreciate everything else even more.
    Thank you for sharing!!

22. Logan says:

You photos are incredible! I would love to know how you edit them (unsure if you have a post about this already). Also, Tartelette in Bloom is my favorite palette! I just hit pan in a few colors and might rebuy it. It’s perfect for us fair skin ladies!

xo Logan

23. Brandi says:

OMG let me just say I can relate to this post so much. I find myself getting more and more into springtime fashion too. I used to be a summer gal, but it’s something so stylish about springtime. The cute ankleboots, those cute spring colors. Don’t even get me started on nude. <3 Love this post, and your photos are amazing!!! Your palette choices are also great!

24. Elise says:

Oooh, that skincare looks fabulous!! In love with your midi dress too!

xx, Elise

25. Olivia says:

love the idea of midi dresses and spending time outside! I also love the journaling idea, tho! gotta try to regularly do journaling this season xo

x,
    Olivia / https://amolivia.com

26. I just love this post! It is so much fun to see what your picks are for lifestyle, music, and fashion. The midi dress is stunning with such a classic pattern 🙂

27. Anna says:

I’ve also wanted to try Mario Badescu for ages, but still haven´t! Great playlist – love Billie Eilish!

Have a nice weekend!
    Anna

28. Len Parent says:

Looking gorgeous dear. Love the entire look. What an awesome style!
    Happy weekend ahead!
    Much love, Len
    XO

29. Nancy says:

Oooh, I love clay masks! They feel great and do the job. I need to check out the facial oil. I’ve been looking for one that goes well with my skin lately. YEESSS I agree with you about how less is more! Your outfits are the cutest. I am a fan of those one-piece dresses. It’s always nice to spend time outdoors, considering how we spend time in front of a computer to put together blog posts and such. Keep it up!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

30. Beautiful post and photos. I love your writing style and your photos are always amazing, like from editorials. Spending more time outside is also one of my spring favorite. Thank you for sharing these skin care products. I would like to try them.

New Post – http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/04/boucheron-quatre-eau-de-parfum_25.html

Time outdoors is always a good idea! 🙂 I am really liking that palette too = I love the tarte blushes but haven’t tried any of their other products yet!

Hope that you have been having a lovely weekend 🙂

Away From The Blue

32. The tarte palette looks so good. I only just discovered that tarte is being sold where I live now and I have to try it.
    ❤︎

Botanics facial oil with rosehip look really good! I’d love to check that out myself. Thanks for sharing dear!