Lessons I’m Learning To Live By This Summer

07/14/2019

The days are now hot and long, and even though Fall is my favorite season, I’m learning to love summer more and more. With each season comes learning new things, starting new habits, and letting go of old ones. This summer for me has been about simplifying things and trying to be more in the moment. I thought I would share a few simple lessons I’m learning to live by this summer.

Summer Lessons I’m Learning To Live By

Less really is more. There is so much less stress in owning less. You really only need the simple things in life.

There is nothing wrong with taking things slow. Spend time outside doing nothing but soaking in the sunshine. Take an evening and read that book. The slow, simple moments are the ones that should be cherished.

Mindful activities that require your hands and full focus are often the most calming tasks to do. Cleaning, doing laundry, baking from scratch.

Be excited about the little things. You have to train yourself to be excited about the little things. Waking up and having a cup of tea, buying the groceries you like, washing sheets so you can go to sleep on clean ones. Life is filled with simple tasks and always looking forward to doing them makes it more enjoyable.

Invest in skincare over makeup. Having a morning and evening skincare routine that you stick to is worth the time and effort. After all, you will have your skin for the rest of your life so you might as well treat it right.

Caring about what you put on and in your body is extremely important.

Blouse | Jeans | Shoes | Purse

And those are a few life lessons I’m learning to live by. I hope you all are having a great summer!

35 responses to “Lessons I’m Learning To Live By This Summer”

1. Eena says:

I love this post, Kara and absolutely agree with everything! Less is best in life – I’ve been trying my best to declutter my life and have been feeling so much better doing so! And I loved that bit about life not being a race – we all go through life in our pace and that’s what makes it more exciting!

Eena ☼ cabin twenty-four

2. These are great lessons! I completely agree on skincare before makeup. I’m taking the less is more approach this season too.

3. Mercy says:

I love being excited about little things as this makes me appreciate what’s around me in regular basis as opposed to spending big before appreciating them. Great thoughts!

4. April Rodea says:

I agree. It’s always the simple little things. We just need to be more content with it to be able to live happily. Sometimes we just tend to be threatened and pressured of other people’s success and it’s normal but we just have to change our mindset that everyone is on their own timeline. We just have to be patient. Thank you for sharing! Love the outfit! x

5. Lovely says:

These are great lessons Kara, I also agree with skincare before make-up!

These photos are beautiful and these are such great lessons! I think summer is always a time to go slower here, because it’s so hot it’s hard to plan too much as it saps your energy, haha!

Hope that you had a wonderful weekend! I just posted my Weekday Wear Linkup, I’d love you to join! πŸ™‚

7. Thank you so much for all of these tips. They are so true and can make life much much better. I practicing some of them like investing in skincare routine and enjoy in that moments. Also be present in moment and not to collecting so much thing. Less is more. Your photos are stunning as always. You are so beautiful.

New Post – http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/07/la-mer-reparative-skintint-spf-30_15.html

I have a love hate relationship with summer. Love warmer temps, sunny days and spending more time out doors but HATE humidity. Also summer tends to be noisier. And the bugs lol…

These are great lessons to live by! I think we are becoming a bit more aware of our purchasing.

9. Toyas Tales says:

You are so right about learning to appreciate the small things in life. That has been a hard lesson for me to learn over the years because I’m always so focused on the bigger picture. Lately thought that lesson has really set in and life is a lot less stressful because of it.
    LaToya

10. Thank you for sharing your take on these! I’m trying to practice some of them as well!

11. Melissa Kacar says:

I love this post! These are all great lessons to live by. I’m gonna try to incorporate these into my daily life, as well! Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

melissakacar.blogspot.com

12. Kinga says:

Good lessons πŸ™‚

13. Monica Sors says:

Nice pictures and a beautiful place!
    xx
    MΓ³nica Sors
    MES VOYAGES Γ€ PARIS
    NEW POST: OFF THE SHOULDER + MESSY BUN

14. There is definitely so much joy in the small things, like a cup of coffee or taking the dog for a walk. Eating your favourite food. The sun shining. It really is endless and when you notice these things you notice how abundant and fortunate you are too.

Sxx
    daringcoco.com

15. Carmelatte says:

What a wonderful view here <3 I love it!

16. Margot says:

great lessons. I also love to enjoy the little things too like I actually like to wash hands and put the clothes outside to dry without using a dryer haha.
    xx
    Margot

17. Nina Kobi says:

I agree with you that less is more, and also, I started investing more in skincare and less in makeup.
    Loved these beautiful pictures . Happy Tuesday Kara. xx

Girl, this was such a calming, EYE-OPENING read. All so true- being mindful is something I really need to work on. Slowing down and living in the moment is another!

I love this shoot, too- all that green goodness and dappled light!

19. What a beautiful message. Enjoying the little things is my motto and I’m enjoying every moment in my life. There are so many things to be grateful for. Thanks for the inspiration.

20. Avalon says:

I agree with so many of these life lessons. Especially the life’s a journey one ebcause I agree you should take life one day at a time.

xx Avalon from Simply Avalon

21. Ivana Split says:

you are absolutely right, these are great lessons to live by. Little moments and joys are so important, they connect us with the present and make us more grounded. I always try to be thankful for the little pleasures, it makes one see life as a gift. Moreover, self-care is essential. Taking good care of our body and skin can help is feel better about ourselves. This is a lovely outfit btw. You look fresh and pretty.

I feel I have become pretty good with really turning my attention on the small things and appreciating them more, which has helped me so much.

23. Gabrielle says:

You make such a good point about mindful activities where we need to move about and focus often being the most calming; I suppose because they serve as a pretty good distraction and demand our attention! πŸ™‚

aglassofice.com x

24. Natalia says:

I couldn’t agree with you more. Every single lesson you share is a very important one. I cannot pick a favorite, but I can say that taking time to do nothing, to stop thinking, solving, producing… that’s the best thing we can do with our spare time. We are not slaves, why do we act like ones?

Lindifique

25. Anna - Alina says:

Amazing lessons! I really like the place. I would love if I have a place like this around to take pictures!
    I love how your shirts and jeabns look together!

xx

Yes, yes, yes to all of this! The simple things really are most important. Appreciating tasks we have to do (like changing the sheets…) makes life so much more enjoyable. Also, time spent outside just can’t be beat! Love this post, Kara xx

Step back a little and take it slowly is my motto too for summer. I want to enjoy every minute outside and soak up the sun as long as possible. What a thoughtful post Kara!

28. Hi, Kara
    Madonna has a song that goes like this: those who run have all the fun !! something like that!! But it’s not right, they run but they don’t even have time to see the beauty of the little details !!
    You’re absolutely right !!

marisasclosetblog.com

Such a classic combo. Loving the sandals too!

30. Logan says:

Oh my goodness, I love this post. I’ve definitely been investing in more skin care than beauty – layer on that SPF

xo Logan

31. Daniel says:

Love these pictures so much!

Daniel x

The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez

32. Missy May says:

“Life is not a race and there is no timeline for when you have to get things done. Never let the fact that someone did it years before you stop you from doing it now. You will never get this moment back.”

I couldn’t agree more with the above statement. So DAMN TRUE!! With the way social media is right now, it got people in their feelings.
    These are great lessons Kara dear and these shots are amazing! You look great. πŸ™‚

This is a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing these inspiring lessons.

I especially like the point about not stopping yourself from doing something you want just because someone else did it first.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

34. Nancy says:

I love these pictures of you! Nature looks gorgeous. I like the idea that less is more. I totally agree with this, you don’t need a lot to live, but to make the most of what you have. I know I get excited over the little things. People ask why, sometimes, you don’t realize what you don’t have until you don’t have it anymore. Cherish everything. YESSS about how life is not a timeline – it is not a cookie cutter, so we can take our time with certain things, as permitted. Thanks for sharing the positive vibes!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me