My Favorite IKEA Purchases

08/18/2019

IKEA is my home decor heaven. I know it’s not for everyone, but I really love almost everything they make. Which is why it’s probably a good thing the nearest IKEA to me is a 2 1/2 hour drive. They have a ton of different styles and it’s perfect if you are on a budget like me. Since most of my furniture and home decor is from there, I thought I would share my favorite IKEA purchases I have made!

Bed

The main reason why I love IKEA’s beds is the storage underneath. The one I have is the Malm bed which has drawers that you can buy, and it makes storing clothing and other little things really convenient. I keep everything from books, seasonal home decor and my pants + skirts in them.

Pillow Covers

I buy most of my pillows from IKEA because of their pillow covers! It’s the perfect choice if you love to switch up your pillows without spending a lot since all you have to do is buy the insert and a few pillow covers. I usually switch a few out each season to give my space a new feel.

yellow pillow cover | striped pillow cover | navy pillow cover

Water bottle + Mugs

Some of the best things I have ever bought from IKEA are not actually furniture pieces! This water bottle was a more recent purchase of mine, and I take it with me whenever I’m going out. And I use this blue mug every day for tea and coffee.

Blankets + Duvet Cover

The main reason it took me a while to switch over to a duvet is because of how expensive they can be. I have this striped duvet cover and this insert and I don’t think I will ever go back to a regular comforter. It makes switching out my bedding in the future really easy. And this navy blue blanket is one of my favorites too!

Desk

My desk was one of my more pricier purchases from IKEA, but it was honestly one of my best buys! I love this one because I can close it up so it takes up less space and hides away what’s on my desk.

Side Table

Since I created my own “studio apartment bedroom“, I try to use as much space for storage as possible. This side table is the perfect place to store my books and I love how it looks.

Frames

You can’t go wrong with a minimal black frame, and I really like how affordable these ones are.

Plants

IKEA might not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of plants, but you’d be surprised at how good their plants are. I have had the one that is on my coffee table for over 2 years now and it’s still going strong. Just make sure to check that the plant isn’t starting to wilt or die before you buy it!

Rug

One of the last main things I added to my space was a rug because I wanted something that wasn’t too expensive. This striped one was only $25 and I still love it just as much as when I first got it!

And those are my favorite IKEA purchases! I promise this isn’t sponsored, it just really is one of my favorite places to shop for home decor.

36 responses to “My Favorite IKEA Purchases”

1. Patricia says:

I’ve been following you for quite some time now and I do know how much you love ikea! I love going there also, and luckily my closest store is only 30 minutes away. I’ve made quite a few purchases from there and one of my favorites is the hangers. I invested in their wood hangers and it makes our closet look very nice 🙂

2. Lovely says:

I don’t mind shopping at Ikea now and gain, we also have a few pieces we have bought from there, like shelving units and TV stands. Your bedroom looks awesome Kara!

3. Hannah says:

I love Ikea, but there isn’t one close to me either, which is a pain! Your bedroom looks gorgeous and I love that side table!xx

4. I had no idea that IKEA had such great plants. Need to check that out! I’ve always loved that side table. It looks great in all your photos!

5. Ester says:

This is such a complete post about IKEA and cute possible places! Really liked this! <3 My tip is not only IKEA but MUJI it's also super great! 🙂

She Walks Blog

6. Miri says:

I love IKEA too and I love to buy plants there. All your picks are absolutely beautiful.

lots of love, Miri

7. Gretch says:

I am not really sure why people don’t like IKEA. Their pieces look very functional and sleek. We don’t have IKEA here but I’ve been bookmarking some of their pieces for inspiration. I love the cool, dark tone of your room by the way!

– Gretch
    Gretchumuchu.com

I feel the same way about Ikea… when I walk in there, it’s hard for me to leave.
    You’ve decorated your room beautifully!

These are lovely indeed, especially the desk.

10. Hi Kara
    In this moment I don’t need furniture and the ikea near me is a little far away from my home, never went there!! Pillows and sheets I buy on line on zara home!!

marisasclosetblog.com

I seriously hit the plant section at IKEA so hard- you can score gorgeous, REAL plants on the cheap! 🙂

I also got my bed from IKEA and I love it, too! I needed all the wine (and help from my best friend) to put the damn thing together, but it’s such cool + chic piece with lots of storage underneath.

12. Gabrielle says:

IKEA definitely have some gems for basics, or particularly for those who love Scandinavian style! Totally with you on the bedding! 🙂

aglassofice.com x

13. Chanel says:

I love IKEA too! That bed sounds great. I had the one that was made out of wood and it was so horrible haha. Its such a great date spot. The bf and I would always go there on the weekends haha. I like their frames and plants the most. Also they have super affordable Xmas decor!

x,
    S | Je M’appelle Chanel

You have so many cute pieces! Our nearest Ikea is just 30 minutes away which means I spend way too much there, haha! I was admiring the cushions when we were there last week, but I haven’t bought any yet!

Hope that your week is going well 🙂

15. Missy May says:

Gotta love Ikea!! I like going there a lot. Most of the things in my home are from there as well. I really like your side table. So lovely!

16. vanessa says:

I love IKEA! Great finds, dear!
    Sending so much love your way!
    xoxo, Vanessa

17. Kiran says:

I didn’t know you could buy half of these things in IKEA, I need to go there more! Great post, love these photos so much decor inspo xx

ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

18. Diana says:

I love the side table and the covers from IKEA! I’ve always loved their furniture, it’s my favourite place to get things for my room. Your room is so well decorated! xx

Ikea has so many great things at affordable prices. We buy a lot of things especially for the kids and for the kitchen. Your interior looks fantastic!

20. Katherine says:

Oooh yes girl, always loved your decor! I love IKEA too and it sucks it’s so far away from you!

21. The Evolista says:

Love your decor! I’ve always been such an Ikea fan. It’s far from us too but it’s always a place to score some really great things. They have the cutest dish towels we use as cloth napkins. Totally agree about the pillow covers and duvets. I may need to go get that side table. It’s really cute! Great post!

xx Jenifer

22. I love IKEA! They have every small detail and it’s pretty affordable prices

I actually love to shop at IKEA as well. I tend not to buy decor because I haven’t had as much energy to decorate lately but I love how many options they have for home-related items.

Your favorite purchases are all great. I’m glad you’re still excited about all of them. I especially like the idea of switching out pillow covers.

24. Ivana Split says:

I heard the best things about IKEA. We don’t have it in BIH nor they ship here (that I know of), but I know there is a big IKEA shop in Croatia because some friends of us shop there regularly.
    These are all great picks, the bed and the desk look so quality made and I just love the details.

25. Ivana Split says:

I also love your side table that serves a book case….I need one of those…and the rug is very pretty!

26. Carmelatte says:

What a beautiful space. It is minimalistic yet stylish and modern. I also like your photo edit! Well done x

27. For me also Ikea is haven. i went there for one thing and come back with ten. Sometimes I can spent all afternoon there and just walking around and watching. I also adore their pillows, blankets, chairs, sofas, frames, plants, candles. I have tone of candles and every time find some new. I really like how you decorate your apartment with all of these items. It looks very nice, cozy and beautiful.

New Post – http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/08/mugler-aura-eau-de-parfum_24.html

28. Kinga says:

I like your plants 🙂

29. Margot says:

I love Ikea. They always have the best affordable choices.
    And I’m so in love with how you decorated your room.
    xx
    Margot

I am so late to the decor game – as you already know 😉 – so I need this post! I have really been thinking about how to spruce up my place on a budget. Ikea seems like it might be the right fit. Love your space, Kara! Especially those frames xx

31. Anna says:

Love it – I´ve bookmarked this post! I love Nordic-inspired designs and Ikea def has lots of budget-friendly but yet pretty things! Especially this side table of yours – now I need one [lol]

32. Susie says:

I absolutely love your room! Ahh so annoying IKEA is so far away (even if it is kind of a good thing hhaha) I had no idea they sold water bottles – that one is so cute!!

Can I ask whats the name of the side table because I am obsessed! I want it ahaha

findyourownhope.com

33. Sumreen says:

I love your space and all your beautiful purcahses from IKEA.

🙂

34. Logan says:

Oh my goodness, I’m loving your decor! The little pictures by your bed are such a cute personal touch. Plus, that mirror is a Pinterest dream!

Xo Logan

35. mercy says:

You’ve got some good buys! I like Ikea furniture as they are affordable and functional but I love their meatballs most of all.