Slow & Simple Living For Autumn

10/06/2019

The colder months are perfect for taking it a bit slow and refocusing on what you want to achieve for the rest of the year. To me, slow + simple living is all about being more in the moment, appreciating the now, and focusing on the simple, best things the season has to offer. Here are some slow & simple living ideas for autumn, and a few things to remember this autumn!

Slow & Simple Living

Get active, but nothing too intense. Go out for walks with your dog, a friend, or by yourself before it gets too cold. Good music is always great company when going for walks.

Clean your bedding and move around your pillows. Sometimes giving something a new home in your space can make all the difference.

Give your space the deep clean it needs and burn a candle to make it cozy.

Refocus your attention on what really matters. Make a list of goals and tasks you would like to complete this season, but be kind to yourself if you don’t complete them all.

Make time to try a new recipe. Think apples, pumpkin, warm foods, soups, noodle dishes. Cooking and baking with people you enjoy spending time with is always the best, so make an afternoon out of it.

Warm drinks to start the day off right. A current favorite of mine is an earl grey tea latte (earl grey tea, frothed milk, a hint of vanilla, and cinnamon sprinkled on top).

Make it season of doing what makes you happy.

Things to remember this autumn

For some people the cooler weather motivates them and for others it makes them want to spend all day cozy in bed. There’s no rule that says you have to feel a certain way during this time of year. If you feel productive, that’s great, and if you feel like taking it slow, that’s great too.

Your path is not the same as everyone else’s. You will get there when you are meant to get there. Everything happens at the time it is supposed to.

Take some time to make your space feel cozy this autumn. It really helps when the days get shorter and the weather gets colder.

Spend time getting to know yourself this autumn.

Let things that no longer serve you in a positive way go, and embrace the new.

A new season is the perfect time to try something new. If there has been a hobby you’ve wanted to try for a while, go for it this autumn.

Coatigan: Uniqlo (similar) | Pinafore dress: American Eagle (similar) | Oxfords: Clarks

21 responses to “Slow & Simple Living For Autumn”

1. Susie says:

I really love this slow living post! I actually did some baking this weekend which was nice – I haven’t in ages! Such a nice idea 🙂 I hope you are well xx

findyourownhope.com

There is really something to be said for slow living! It’s important to recenter with what really matters. Most of the time that’s things like baking or hot drinks (that earl grey latte sounds so YUM). I’ve been trying to free up my schedule lately and I’ve been loving it. You’re inspiring me to bake, Kara! Happiest Monday, love xx

3. Naya says:

Loving your beautiful photography here, such a lovely post. I am thinking that I need to get a new hobby, sometimes we get stuck in our old ways, sticking to the same routine day in and day out. Autumn is a perfect time to try something exciting! xx

Naya

4. Love all these tips for moving into fall. That coatigan is beautiful on you Kara. I adore the color!

So much good advice! I find when the weather cools it’s a good excuse to get even cosier at home and not venture out too far – like you said, perfect time to kick back and relax a bit and try not take too much on!

Hope that you had a great weekend. We had a picnic today, taking advantage of the public holiday and great weather 🙂 I just posted my weekday wear linkup, I’d love you to join! 🙂 I’ve got a scarf giveaway on my blog right now too!

6. Hena Tayeb says:

These are all some wonderful ideas..
    I really love making soups when the weather gets cooler..

7. I’m definitely going to do a lot of cooking and baking this fall! The weather just calls for it!

8. Eena says:

Love this post, Kara! The vibes in these shots are really getting me super ready for colder weather and all the fall things. Thanks for sharing!

9. mercy says:

Pretty nice photos! I like how deep is the solitude of this place and your words are just right and fitting for the season.

10. Hello Kara
    You can bet I’m really slow this season !!!
    I’m walking with crutches I have to walk really slow !! But I’m already tired of being home. I only go out to do some photos for the blog, nor can I walk my uncle’s dog, oh no !!!
    Your tips are very good but I just want to get faster right now ahahah!!

marisasclosetblog.com

11. Logan Porter says:

Oh my gosh words cannot express how much I like this post. Fall is my all time favorite season and I always feel like I’m rushing to get things done. This post serves as a great reminder that I need to add some time for relaxing. Also, I love the idea of adding seasonal goals – usually I just do it monthly.

Xo Logan

Love your photos dear. And I couldn’t agree more on this one “Make it season of doing what makes you happy.”

13. Nina says:

Beautiful pictures , as always Kara, and these are great ideas to enjoy simple living for this season. Happy Tuesday!

14. Geniussr says:

I love your ideas of simple and slow living this fall… truly like all advices and thoughts you shared in this post… it was even satisfying to read it all… all pics are beautiful with autumnal feel…thanks for inspiration…❤️

15. Gabrielle says:

I agree, this is a lovely time of year to take a slightly more gentle pace through life 🙂 Love your suggestion of trying a new recipe; that’s definitely something I’ll be doing this weekend (probably something sweet, haha!)

aglassofice.com x

16. Aditi says:

Beautiful shots dear! The coatigan is really beautiful. You look gorgeous!
    Adi xx | http://www.fancycorrectitude.com

17. Kinga says:

Nature is inredible ♥

This is really beautiful, Kara! I love the idea of slowing down this season and being intentional, mindful, and gentle with yourself. I also LOVE the idea of a good deep clean- it always makes me feel so much better about my space!

19. I seriously love this post and your pictures are beautiful! what camera and lens do you use to shoot this? it works so well for you.

Stephanie Vainer | a learning story blog

20. It’s all about spending time for our loved ones and living in the present. Slow living and just having a state of gratitude is what I think is best. Great post!
    FASHION TALES