INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST BLOGLOVIN
INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST BLOGLOVIN

Slow + Simple Living For Winter

01/09/2020

January is a month of getting back into a routine after the holidays, and that is always easier said than done. I find the cold weather months are the best time to take things slow and simple. Remembering to be kind to ourselves and to focus on the little things we enjoy. Here are a few slow and simple living ideas that are perfect for winter evenings, any free time you have or days off.

Bundling up for a short walk with hopefully a bit of winter sunshine. If you can, try doing this in the morning or as a mid-day break. It’s a great way to refresh and focus your mind.

Take a camera or your phone and go out for an afternoon and spend some time taking photos. I find this always helps get the creativity flowing without thinking too much about it.

Learning a new hobby that requires your full attention. There are plenty of tutorials online and cold winter evenings are a great time to try something new.

A deep clean of your space with a calming winter candle burning.

Keeping a gratitude journal with three things you are grateful for each day or writing down small moments that made you happy each day.

Evenings in with friends or family. Cook a homemade meal together and just enjoy each other’s company.

Evenings at home by yourself. Take time to listen and focus on what you need.

Creating a photo book with your favorite photos from the past year. It’s always nice to take a trip down memory lane.

19 responses to “Slow + Simple Living For Winter”

1. Patricia says:

I’ve been try to go on walks as often as I can because it defended helps my mindset. I also really love the idea of a gratitude journal because I, as most people, can start to take things for granted. Thanks for sharing these tips!

I really like starting up a new hobby or trying something new for the first time.
    One of my favorites is making myself hot coffee everyday 🙂

3. Eena says:

January is always a good month to develop new habits! I like the idea of keeping a gratitude journal – I’ve had friends keep one and they seem to enjoy it!

cabin twenty-four

4. Jamila says:

For me, I have a morning ritual that allows me to enjoy a hot cup of tea in the morning before any work begins. I just sip and surrender to the flow of things for the day. It is truly my kind of bliss!

These are great tips – especially the photo book one! I need to be more proactive at printing photos! I take a lot but rarely print them!

Hope that you are having a lovely weekend 🙂 It’s rainy here but the rain is so welcome!

6. PerlaGiselle says:

I am going to try my best to take time to take more pictures. This has always been therapeutic for me.
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

7. Grace says:

love all these ideas, Kara! I find it perfect to develop new rituals on January after all these holidays and take time to focus again. I wish you a lovely weekend!

8. MONICA SORS says:

Amazing tips my dear, I love going for a short walk…
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: GSTAAD MEMORIES I

9. lovely says:

Fab tips Kara, I have taken up running again.

10. January is a terrible month for me and the next two, I can’t leave home because of my broken foot. The blog is my therapy for this. But it’s hard and the days passed so slow!! Thanks for your tips Kara, maybe doing some cleaning works in my wardrobe!!

marisasclosetblog.com

11. Great post. I actually haven’t really contemplated or pondered on any goals for the year. Aside from being more sustainable that is it. But I love the idea of a new hobby. While it’s not a new hobby per se, I want to get back into taking more and better photos. And that starts by getting familiar with my camera.

Sxx
    daringcoco.com

12. Sam says:

Great tips, I’ve got some of these on my list for the year (journaling and taking walks).

Sam

This post makes me want to curl up with some artwork! It’s so true that January should be for being kind to ourselves and taking things slower than usual. Getting outside is important even if it’s freezing. I need to be better about this for sure. Happy Tuesday, Kara!

These are such beautiful tips + ideas, babe! I’ve actually been trying to incorporate more winter walks into my routine- on the days I don’t log a “true” workout, I get outside and do a loop around the neighborhood. Even though it’s super cold at first, eventually you acclimate and it ends up being really refreshing.

Happy new year!

15. Margot says:

Such great ideas to enjoy cold months.
    I love to take the time to get more creative.
    xx
    Margot

16. Gemma says:

I love a deep clean at this time of year, almost as if it’s a fresh start for the new year xx

GemmaEtc.com

17. Natalia says:

I so need this rn! Going slow from time to time seems necessary!

Lindifique

This is such a great read dear, love your ideas. Have a beautiful day dear!

19. Kinga says:

New hobby is always a good idea:)