INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST BLOGLOVIN
INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST BLOGLOVIN

Weekly To-Do List

01/23/2020

My planner is like my third arm: it goes almost everywhere with me and I would be lost without it. I don’t write down everything that I have to do each day, but I do write down the main big things like work or assignments due and the small things I know I will forget like laundry. I wanted to give a look at what one week in my life looks like at the moment and a bit more on how I plan my weeks and days with my Moleskine planner.

DAILY:

MONDAY.

Class
WEB 120 work
Invoice Pay
Reconcile
Job Search

I have one in-school class a week and three online classes. A paper was due for my WEB 120 class that I had finished by still needed to turn in. I work as a part-time bookkeeper and there were a few things that needed to be done. And of course, the never-ending job search.

TUESDAY.

Walk
DBA Work
Cancel Chegg

Each week I walk 4 miles 3 times a week (this week was only twice since I walked four times last week) with my mom, and with it no longer being on set days I just write it down in my planner. Tuesday is always a long college workday and on this day I (almost) completed my work for my DBA class. And I had a subscription I needed to cancel.

WEDNESDAY.

Class
Web 210 Turn In
DBA Work
CTI Work
Comments

Another day of class, which the work for that class was due in the evening. I finished up my work for my DBA class and started on another class. And I was planning on doing some blog comments but the work took longer than I thought, and sometimes you just need an evening off.

THURSDAY.

Post live
Comments
CTI work
WEB 125 work
Interview Schedule

In the morning I worked on a few blog changes and then put a new blog post live before doing a few comments. More CTI work which I ended up finishing and then started on notes for my WEB 125 class. And I got called for a job interview which I had to call back and schedule because I never answer the phone if I don’t know the number (a habit I need to break).

FRIDAY.

Walk
Hair 2 PM
Comments
WEB 125 work

Another morning walk, followed by a hair appointment at 2 which took a big chunk of my afternoon since it’s a 45 minutes drive one way. Then a few more blog comments and I decided to give myself the evening off from doing any college work.

SATURDAY.

Laundry
WEB 210 work
WEB 125 work
Comments (Instagram)
Job Search

A laundry day, followed by more college work of assignments, responding to comments on Instagram and more job searching.

SUNDAY.

Photos
Interview Prep
Dust & Sheets
Job Search/Apply

I took a few more photos for this blog post, dusted the house and changed and washed my sheets. Sunday’s are usually my cleaning/organizing days. And then did some prep for my job interview and back to the never ending job search.

WEEKLY

One of my favorite features of this planner is the blank page every week. This is where I write down weekly to-do’s, goals, spending, and anything else I need.

Website troubleshoot: I also work as a website manager for the same business I do bookkeeping for, and there was something that wasn’t working right that needed to be fixed.

Apply for 3 jobs: If I can, I have been applying for at least 3 jobs per week in order to get a second part-time job. The one I have now, although I love, doesn’t allow for more hours.

Spending: This is where I write down expenses for the week that aren’t necessary, and this week there were none.

26 responses to “Weekly To-Do List”

1. I love the look of your planner! I’ve still not found one I like and we’re near the end of jan already. I like the way you plan things out, it’s deffo given me some inspo xo

Makeup Muddle

It’s great you are so organised and have so much structure to your week! I need to be better at scheduling in time for blog stuff – it’s good you do that! šŸ™‚ I find it hard to so anything consistently as the kids often mean I don’t have time for blogging or sitting at the computer even if I planned too – I schedule a lot so that I create posts when I do have time!

Hope that you are having a great week šŸ™‚

3. Susie says:

I honestly would be lost without my planner and lists too! I love your journal it is so cute šŸ™‚ and I like the layout! Hope you have a great weekend xx

findyourownhope.com

4. Jamila says:

I simply love writing to-do lists because they help me stay super organized and focused. I try not to make it too long though so that it is actually realistic and doable. Yours looks good. I wonder what type of planner you use because I love the look as well!

5. Marina says:

your bedroom is amazing

Marina

6. Tiziana says:

Oh I would be totally lost without my planner!!
    Love the aesthetic of your shots. Simple but so beautiful

7. Patricia says:

It looks like you are very busy at this point in your life, but that is a very good thing! I tell my daughter the same thing:) Thank goodness for planners to keep us organized!

8. mercy says:

So organised! I think planners are a way to go in this modern busy world. It’s good to put up a post like this very early in the year.

9. Margot says:

You’re so well organized !
    I love to keep a planner to. It helps me a lot.
    xx
    Margot

10. Thanks for sharing your planner and week! I love the blank page idea. Great way to brainstorm!

I don’t have a planner because I tend to remember a lot of the things I have to get done. From time to time, I like to jot down ideas.

12. Thanks for showing us your planner! How very organized!

Keeping a weekly to do list is so incredibly helpful! I used to keep a list that was way too long – switching to weekly really pushed me to get things done. Love to see all that you’re doing, Kara! Good luck with the job hunt – you’ve got this xx

14. You’re so organized it’s almost therapeutic to read about! šŸ˜† I rememner how exhausting job searching can be. It almost feels like it’ll never end. Senidn you good luck!

15. Jill says:

Your planner looks amazing! Your handwriting is so nice. I find writing things down really helpful as well. I use my planner daily!

Jill

16. Lovely says:

Love that you are so organised darling, the planner looks great. Good luck with job hun!

17. I love a good to do list, my bullet journal is definitely my third arm as well.

A girl after my own heart! I love to keep to-do lists, also. Crossing off things you’ve done (whether large or small) is SO gratifying! šŸ™‚

19. Hello
    I do not plan my tasks, every week I am busy working on the blog or going to the hospital. But I envy your organization !!

marisasclosetblog.com

20. PerlaGiselle says:

I am so impressed by how well you track everything you need to do. You are truly an inspiration, Kara! Have a great week!

PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

ā™„ | instagram.com/iamperlita

21. Eena says:

I love that you actually bring your planner everywhere with you! Mine usually stays home … ha! I should definitely follow your example! Thanks for sharing!

ā˜¼ cabin twenty-four

22. Gemma says:

You sound so organised! Have a great week.
    Gemma x

I love how organized you are dear. Also, nice photos as always.

Ah yes this was my goal for the new year to use a planner or create one digitally and put myself on a schedule. And to get up earlier.

25. Maria says:

Oh my gosh, you are so organized. Goals! Now you’ve got me inspired to have a planner šŸ™‚