INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST BLOGLOVIN
INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST BLOGLOVIN

When Everything In Life Seems To Happen At Once

02/14/2020

Life seems to have a funny way of making everything feel like it is happening at once. One week everything’s going how it normally does, and then all of a sudden the next week all these changes are occurring. Most times we can’t control it, and although the changes can be good, it can still be overwhelming to have it all happen in a short period of time. This is something that happened to me this past week (all good changes that I’m grateful for), and I wanted to share some of the things I’ve done that have been helpful!

Take time to process it

You need to give yourself time to process everything. Whether that means having an evening of taking a bath with a good book, taking a long afternoon walk, or just a weekend of doing much of nothing. Give yourself time to process all the changes. For me, I’m giving myself some time this weekend to relax, reorganize and plan my month, to refocus on my goals and the steps needed to get there, and to just breathe.

Make a list of the positives (and a few negatives)

I find getting your thoughts out of your brain and on paper helps clear your mind and helps you think of everything more clearly. One thing I suggest doing is making a list of all of the positive things that come from these changes. And a few negatives too, since life isn’t always sunshine and rainbows. But make sure that for every negative you write down, write down two positives. It may take a while to think of some, but there is always a silver lining, you just might not know it yet. You can also just write down all your thoughts on paper, or make a mind map.

Know that this too will pass

No matter how cliche it is, one of the good things about life is that everything will pass. The stressful, sad moments will pass, and so will the happy ones, all to be replaced with new moments. Chances are next week everything will go as close to back to normal as it can. Just be kind to yourself and take it one day at a time. What’s meant for you won’t pass by you.

16 responses to “When Everything In Life Seems To Happen At Once”

1. Jill says:

I have a lot of trouble with change and I often feel overwhelmed by it. I love these quiet time activities that give us time to process the busy world around us <3 Hang in there!

Well at least all the sudden changes were good. And good tips here. Helpful and thoughtful.

3. Love all these suggestions for being mindful of what is overwhelming you. Great idea to list two positives to one negative. Thanks for sharing Kara!

4. Ivana Split says:

I love the idea of writing both the positives and the negatives of a certain change but choosing to focus more on positives and making them happen. It is always good to focus on the silver lining but at the same time it is good to be realistic and prepare for the negatives as well. Great post.

5. Lovely says:

Great tips to deal with the changes Kara, always a good thing to rite down the positives and not forgetting a few of the negatives too.

6. Tiziana says:

Just found your blog and I love this post so much! Your pictures are so beautiful and I totally agree with everything you wrote.
    The tip of taking time to process it is such a great one. It shows that not all the time taking a break is procrastinating, it´s taking the time you need for finding out how to deal with the new situation.

Have a great start in the new week!! 🙂

I like that… for every negative write down two positives. Will definitely apply it!

So happy for you, Kara! Big changes are a great thing. Taking the time to really process everything and analyze it is so helpful. That way you’re not second guessing yourself a few months down the road. I hope you’re as excited as I am for you! Happy Monday, love xx

9. Grace says:

what a wonderful, lovely post! I am so happy for you. I love to go back to your blog every time because it always gives me those joyful vibes about life. thank you for these tips! very thoughtful ones x
    have a great start into the week, Kara!

10. I always take time to breathe and calm down or else I let the situation overwhelm me and that just makes things even worse haha. Thank you for the thoughtful tips!

Processing time is something I am always working at- I’m a pretty impatient (ha) and on-the-go type person, so many times when new opportunites or challenges present themselves, I feel pressured to act immediately. Or at least know the right move immediately- not exactly feasible in most situations. Giving myself time to process is the key to making more informed + sure-footed moves. 🙂

This is such a great read dear. Yes, there’s no need to be in rush all the time. Take time to process things.

13. Margot says:

I really love the idea of making a list of more positive than negative.
    When we are feeling low I think it always help to write down everything on a paper.

xx
    Margot

14. Babita says:

Loved the read!!! Another thoughtful content from you! I love how penning down our thoughts on a paper helps like magic!!!

Xoxo Babita

15. Kinga says:

I love your suggestions 🙂

16. All of these suggestions are great and I love read this type of your posts. Thank you for sharing.

New Post – https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/02/elizabeth-arden-prevage-anti-aging_15.html