As cliché as it is, my favorite things in life often tend to be the little things, especially now more than ever. Here are a few of my favorite little things from the past few weeks:
– Morning walks, feeling the cold morning breeze and watching the sunrise peeking through the clouds and trees.
– Quiet afternoons working in the dining room; the sun shining through the blinds, and feeling grateful for the little part of my routine that has stayed the same.
– Fresh homemade bread as a late-night treat.
– The view out my bathroom window that I get to look at every morning while getting ready.
– Homemade lattes with frothed milk to start the day.
– Evenings staying up late in bed, reading a good book that I can’t put down until my eyelids refuse to stay open any longer.
– Spending late afternoons sitting out in the yard chatting with my mom, soaking in all the sunshine. She says I’m like a plant, and she is 100% right.
– The smell of chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.
– Listening to the birds’ chirp in the late morning while walking my dog; watching her run through the slightly overgrown grass, not a care in the world.
– Those few moments of quiet, where for a moment you forget about everything.
What are your favorite little things from the past few weeks?